Resources on NPC coding?

So I’ve really got a handle of basic LUA and the Source engine, I was looking over the internet to see on how to create more advanced NPC behaviours. I made a basic Nextbot from the Garry’s Mod wiki and I get the general idea behind it. I could spam all day on how to program some advanced behaviours, but it just feels like a dead end for me here. I’m looking for some sites, tutorials, and so on that go deeper into making a more advanced NPC’s for video games ( or GMOD).

1 Like

You can look here for resources on Nextbot, but if you want to implement something complex you’ll have to make it yourself, there’s not really a set way to do anything. Garry’s Mod isn’t really a good start for working with AI, but you can make it work similar to how people have made AI in Roblox using traces and whatnot.

1 Like

Unrelated to GMod but related to AI stuff, this youtube channel has a lot of AI analysis from different games including model approaches, Maybe you can find your favorite and try to imitate as a start: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCov_51F0betb6hJ6Gumxg3Q

1 Like

Thank you very much for finding this gem.

1 Like

Here’s a great repo of Nextbot examples made a while ago.