Roped and Loaded

I’m having no luck finding an answer or any sign of other folks aving had the issue. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Anyway, I’ve had this kind of issue since I first got Garry’s Mod (can’t remember when), and it’s driving me crazy.

It seems like whenever I set ropes up on certain occasions in a stage and the game is saved, the ropes get all messed up and awkward-looking when the stage was loaded (i.e. jumbling and set at unusual angles). However, it seemed as though the ropes behaved as they would have in their initial position.

For a while I thought it was because I had been doing something wrong with Rope-related tools or something. But apparently it seems to be an issue with other setups on my GMod as well. Here is a screenshot of the crane from Half-Life 2 on GMod, loaded on its own without previous saves:

http://www.cubeupload.com/files/thumbs/th.92fa00d2coast040000.jpg
(click to enlarge)

As you can see, the rope appears to be hung from a bizarre angle under the crane arm, rather than across the top. Yet, it still swings as though it was hun along the top arm. And since there’s no tools or fixes I’ve come across to adjust ropes themselves I’ve found it very frustrating.

I’ve tried uninstalling the program about three times; Steam won’t let me delete all the files or rename/fully delete the garrymod folder even when the applet is closed. Regardless, nothing appears to change anything.

Why is it doing these things, and (how) can this be fixed?

GMod code handles the ropes differently. Unfortunately you’re gonna have to live with it.

Also the save function in GMod is kinda busted anyway. Use Advanced Duplicator for your own contraptions.

Yeah, saving in Garry’s mod is pretty fucked up, constaints will get fucked up 99% of the time.

Are you serious? That’s such a pain!

No one’s tried to fix the issue?