Alright, I’ve been at this for the entire day but for the life of me I can’t figure it out. Hopefully someone can point out what I’m doing wrong.
So, I’ve modelled half a dome in Blender, which I want to open up. I’ve created an armature which is parented by modifier to the meshes I want to move. at Armature is at the origin 0,0,0 and I’ve set a rotation keyframe on frame 1. Then I rotated the entire shell of the dome about 80 degrees (so it opens) and set that to frame 30. Seems to look all fine in Blender. I’ve renamed the action to ‘open’ and exported the entire thing.
Looks like this:
Now this is what happens in HLMV:
Note how the dome (which is parented to the armature) is flipped 90 degrees. It’s also starting at the wrong point.
I’m completely at a loss on where to find the solution.
- I’ve been checking all the settings for rotation options or base angles.
- The ‘legacy rotation’ option didn’t affect it at all.
- I’ve tried animating the rest of the mesh to support an ‘idle’ animation (hopefully to let it make the same wierd rotation, but that just makes the entire mesh rotate [wtf?]).
- I’ve rotated the armature 90 degrees before parenting and animating it… no result.
- I’ve troubleshooted my entire way through all documentation on the Valve Dev Community… but no luck there.
Last idea would be that there is something wrong with the studiomdl? I’m using the one from Black Mesa (steam version).
Can someone help me?