Rp(g)

[release]

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7352/rpgavatarsm4.png

Description: There are four races. You need to kill npc’s (and other players) to level up & get items to increase your stats.

Races: Elf, Human, Blood Dwarf & Undead

http://rpg.urldownload.net/images/screenshots/account%20creator.JPG

http://rpg.urldownload.net/images/screenshots/scoreboard.JPG

Stats: Attack, Defense, weight and Magic

Clothing: Armour, Gloves, Boots, Helmets and shields

Weapons: Swords, Daggers, Bows, Battle Axes and spears

Item Menu:(Comes up when you click an item)

Item name (All; When You click on this there will be a pop-up with info on the item)
------------- (breaker)
Equip (Weapons & clothing; Equips the item, if there is an item already equipped in this slot it will put it in your inventory)
Drop (Weapons, clothing, scrolls & usable items; Drops the item on the ground in front of you)
Learn (Scrolls; learns the spell written on the scroll)
Use(usable items; actives the effect)
Throw (Useless items E.G. Rocks; Throws the selected item in front of you, is very inaccurate)
Close(All; closes this menu)

Inventory size: level - size
1 - 10
21 - 20
41 - 30
61 - 40
81 - 50
100 - 60

Bag Items: (You can only have one of these at a time)
Small Bag - +20
Big Bag - +40
Super Bag - Max 130(Only 4, gained by killing death)

http://rpg.urldownload.net/images/screenshots/inventory.JPG

Attacking rules:
-You can only attack another player if you are within 5 levels of them(this rule does not apply to NPC’s)
-You cannot attack people inside a town
-You can not attack/ be attack within 20 seconds of spawning

Party: A party is a group of people you have added(will be emptied when you disconnect).
-If you gain EXP it is divided by how many people are in your party then given to each(If uneven number you gain more).
-You can only be a certain distance away from your party members. You will get a warning message, if you don’t lisen you will be kicked out of the party.

NPC’s Vary from rats to citizens to Special Chaos Demons
Animals: Foxes, Bears, rats, antlions
citizens: Stall Owners, Blacksmiths, monks
Chaos Demons: These are the Dark force invading the land. Weak, but in great numbers overpowering.
Special Chaos Demons: These are the most evolved Chaos Demons and for that have special powers and abilities.

Blood effects: If your health is below 25, blood will constantly appear under you. Wipe your feet before coming in, Please.

Weather Effects: Fog, Snow, rain.

Special Magical Anomalies (SMA): These are special things that appear around the map. Sometimes you can find new spells or be teleported some where special, Other times it does very bad things. Here are the types:

• Warp: Warp is an anomaly of two, There are two warps that randomly appear and link to each other, If you get too close to one, it will teleport you to another.
  • Library of Spells: A large blue dome that gives you a special spell.
  • Stretcher: If you get close enough to a Stretcher it will suck you in and either kill you, or make you fling off into the distance.

Chaos Lands: A Large plane land surrounded by mountains. This is the home to the Chaos Demons and The City of Blood(CoB).

The Chaos Heart: The portal that all the Chaos Demons came though to invade this world.

Chaos Veins: Like poison arms that stretch along the ground. Only found in CoB. If you damage one to much it will explode.

Chaos Gas: Made from the Chaos Veins if you breath it you will die. the only way you can safely enter CoB is to have the spell Easy Breathing.

^Special Chaos Demons^
The leaper: Pretty much a fast zombie variant, Except it’s very clingy, If you know what I mean.
The crawler: Crawls across the floor, Tends to scuttle across the roof towards you, Then drop onto your head. Otherwise, Will act just like a headcrab.
The seeker: Completely blind, Only the sound of your weapon, Or movement, Can tell it where you are. (Do not wear heavy armor around this chaos unit! It WILL detect you!) Almost instant death if you are found! Very easy to kill.
The finder: This, Combined with the seeker, Is a deadly combo. The finder will fly above the seeker, And cast it’s red spotlight around it. If you are hit by this spotlight, All nearby seekers, And all enemies within 1000 units, Will rush towards you. Finders are easy to kill, But require great precision, As they are fast to dodge arrow shots.
Death: Death is the worst of all Chaos Demons. He can just pop up from underground and cut your head off, Jump down from the ceiling and cut you in half, And worst of all, if you touch him, You die. however he walks very slowly. Death also leaves behind chaos veins where he walks, So if you see a trail of chaos veins appearing before you, RUN!!!

Credits
Me(Yoft) - Lua scripter
DireAvenger - Ideas
Bladeroffire - Ideas

We REALLY need some models & textures done(You get in the credits), if you are interested to help just PM me or DireAvenger.

More updates coming soon!

Please Leave comments
[/release]

Sounds Great! , Wish I could help :’( ., cant wait =]

thats awesome

Something like Tibia ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just joking really good job!

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:
Will add more info soon!

EDIT: To clear up anything:
the gamemode is still in development
& the source will not be released

hey, you should use something more attractive than text for the inventory, but it looks really cool, I WILL be playing this.

I was thinking of using image buttons instead of text.
It didn’t workout, the image buttons will be 1 of the first updates once finished.

I personally like to use model panel, but with the amount of slots you have it would take forever to update. I admittedly have never used image buttons so i don’t have much help to give.

We could just use the same system the spawn icons use, And cache them.

yeah that’s the icon panel or w.e its much faster at caching then model panel.

Also, I might discuss a food and water system with yoft when he comes on, But I don’t want this to end up like Gmod Survival, Where you need food and water every 30 bloody seconds.

I might change it to Spawn Icons, I like the idea :slight_smile:
But not the water/food one

Hmm , How complete is this? ^^

Not very, but It WILL be finished :slight_smile:

The NPCs are the biggest problem. They will both be hard to code, And would require an extremely optimized system for them. I hope to see how this turns out.

looks awesome, cant wait :open_mouth:

Don’t worry your not the only one waiting. :wink:

Make sure to either get pics for the inventory, make the buttons wider, or string.Left the name.

If this helps your name problem

When u click on the button it comes up with a list containing with certain things depending on the item:

Item name (All; When You click on this there will be a pop-up with info on the item)
------------- (breaker)
Equip (Weapons & clothing; Equips the item, if there is an item already equipped in this slot it will put it in your inventory)
Drop (Weapons, clothing, scrolls & usable items; Drops the item on the ground in front of you)
Learn (Scrolls; learns the spell written on the scroll)
Use(usable items; actives the effect)
Throw (Useless items E.G. Rocks; Throws the selected item in front of you, is very inaccurate)
Close(All; closes this menu)

I think he means he doesn’t want the names to scroll off the buttons. Why not put the names UNDER the slots, And make the space between slots wider?