Rp_SantaAna

Creating a RP map for source2 eventually for S&box. I’ve been creating internal rp maps for 10 years. I always dream too big on my city projects on source1 and never get to actually finish the maps. This is my second day working with source 2 so I still have a lot to learn with this new toolset. I’m currently converting some building assets I have casually created over the years over to source2.

Contents:
Basic traffic signals :heavy_check_mark:
Gas station :o:
Police station :o:

Links:

Steam profile Have screenshots of previous work.
Twitch channel I sometimes stream my development.

31 Likes

Wow, already looking good mate! Can’t wait to see this map in S&Box.

1 Like

I’m very curious about how massive yet detailed your map can be. This will say a lot about the engine’s mapping potential.

What’s here is looking well above the average GMod RP map already.

1 Like

This looks very nice, excited to see what you do with it.

1 Like

This looks great so far, I’m impressed with this. Better than me for sure, what guides have you been looking at for source 2? I haven’t found anything that goes into detail.

1 Like

very nice

1 Like

Thanks. I haven’t really been looking at guides. I watch one youtube video that went over all the basic stuff. I’m just experimenting on how stuff works until people start making in depth guides of more advanced techniques.

1 Like

I get it, That’s what I’ve been doing. Just so much to mess with that I sort of don’t want to touch it at all.

1 Like

This already looks good. The only thing I’m worried about is how detailed source 2 maps will get. You can’t get away with a lot of the stuff you do in source 1.

2 Likes

Finishing up the outside of the police station. The only thing left that needs finishing for the interior is the jail room and courtroom that’s on the right side. I’ll be using dev textures around until I can find the correct textures for my buildings. Texturing will be the last part of the project.

7 Likes

Great visual! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Damn dude, looking good. I hope you’ll finish it and be playable on DarkRP-ish gamemodes.

1 Like

Just seeing this, I’m seriously excited for S&box to get released so I can get to mapmaking, addon scripting and everything all over again… oh to be in 2008 again when I had all the time and no worries

in case anyone wants some nostalgia today

1 Like

This honestly looks great already. Can’t wait to see it on s&box if it’s finished

1 Like

Here is a town shopping center that I’m working on.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing! How do you port over the custom textures?

1 Like

this burger king looks very nice

1 Like

You can port textures pretty easily using the material editor in alyx/steamvr tools

1 Like

cute

1 Like

Picked up hammer again, decided to put the areas I was working on into a single map instead of different maps. To see how it flows.

Gonna be starting on a movie theater in the shopping center then building some sort of tract housing.

6 Likes