Rp_SantaAna

Looks very good)
I wish you good luck in creating

This is great! Might I suggest that, instead of using real brand’s logos you could spoof them. Like, change “CHASE” into “CHANGE” and then make the logo an aperture or something like that

3 Likes

finishing up the exterior of AMC theater, Starting to work on the main 2 theaters and concession stand inside.

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning work, Keep it up!

1 Like

Most people are doing ports of existing content. You’re taking a more original approach and designing something people have never seen before. People like this guy deserve early access. @garry

Looks great btw.

1 Like

looks sweet!! is it based off Santa Ana in CA? currently sitting in my office there, everything looks familiar :^)

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, Im currently going with a southern california vibe. Won’t be exactly like it but want to go with that type of theme of socal.

Gonna take a break from my theater will revisit when I retexture everything. Outside, Lobby and main hallways are done/blocked out. Will work on the main screening area when you can actually stream stuff in-game.

Here is a apartment building with 15 units. Gonna build a starbucks below which is where you’ll enter the apartments.

2 Likes

Small question: on your last screenshot, is it voluntary to have made the skybox blurry? Or is it just the way the skyboxes work on Hammer?

1 Like

Its just a low resolution skybox. Thats one of the default ones just for showing off lighting, it’s not actually supposed to be used in game.

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks.

1 Like

For all the street and parking lot markings such as turning lanes and parking spaces, did you just create a decal and apply the decal to the mesh?

The roads are textures, with the lines. thinking of switching to just all decals later on. The parking spaces are all decals applied to the meshes.

1 Like

Starting on my tract housing. It’s gonna have 19 homes (some variants of the same style) and 2 cul-de-sac roads.

6 Likes

Really Impressive!!! :clap::star_struck: I live a few minutes away from Santa Ana and I must admit you are doing a pretty good job regarding the architecture! It definitely looks familiar with intersections that you are building. Keep up the good work!!
Do you live in SoCal?
FYI: LOL I’m on the same boat mapping on and off for the past 10+ years working on the perfect RP Map layout :joy: but I stopped a few years ago, you inspire me to get back into mapping :heart:
Now you got me wondering how would the importing vmf’s into the new source2 engine would work. I will have to check out some tutorials.