Rp_SlavSchool

Hello,

I welcome you to a new project of mine. Right after dm_lab, I started working on a new project, this time for hidden set it an fittingly horror environment - School! As the time went, the scale of the project has gone a bit up and at this point I’m considering making this into a RP map. It will still probably be playable for Hidden, but the gameplay will be much slower and methodical(which is what I used to like on Hidden back in the day!)

As mentioned before, it’s set in a slavic school somewhere in the eastern Europe. There will be two three-story buildings combined into one(one older, one newer) with an outside area(gym and a park). So far I’ve only designed the hallways and few classrooms, but I’ll definitely improve everything you’ve seen in the video. It’s still quite early(especially for the outside area), but I wanted to show it as soon as I can, so I could then post updates as I work on the map to gather more detailed feedback.

So… thanks for checking it out, don’t be afraid to share your thoughts and don’t forget to look at the thread once in a while for more updates. :slight_smile:

-CementStairs

Video showcase of the map:

Screenshots:

22 Likes

This would be a nice map for Fat Kid 2 :flushed:

6 Likes

This map is so pleasing for some reason.

1 Like

That is an incredibly low ceiling height and thick walls for the windows.

3 Likes

looks fine just a little empty is some areas tho

2 Likes

Amazing work bro. Its as if im viewing a 3d project model of a real soviet school. Keep working on it and id recommend adding even more details like tiny chunks broken of the wall, drawn on desks with various hearts, names and what not.

2 Likes

Really nice, you did such a good job with the color and light, but somes things seems a little bit off like the bathroom, what’s up with the light in it ? also the Hallway screen look very large and empty, is it on purpose ?

2 Likes

The map is still in development, so some of the hallways are a bit emptier because of that. I know about the bathroom, I forgot to set lightprobes up for that room, so the lighting is broken on the props.

2 Likes

we already have the empty eastern european enviroments of gmod but for S&box lmao

2 Likes

It sucks you’ll have to find new assets for it to be a map in s&box. but there’s lots of good resources for textures that you don’t have to worry about the rights for (such as 3dassets.one). Other than that the geometry looks great.

1 Like

It’s a really neat map so far. I love how you made great use of cubemapping and god rays. Not enough mappers do that.

2 Likes

assets can be ported from alyx easily since they are both on the same branch of source 2.

2 Likes

I heard that was against the workshop TOS or something, though if it’s distributed on Facepunch’s service that might be circumvented.

2 Likes

as a slav this map is SUPER GOOD!
Nice work! The eeriness fits too.

2 Likes

Looks amazing! Good work as always :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn, looks amazing and it reminds me of my old school hah

2 Likes

Is this the neddy?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s me, the Neddy you know.

3 Likes

Hey

I’ve been working on the map a bit more, although not as much as I’d want. Still, I want to share some changes I made. I’m currently in a phase where I’ll be mostly designing classrooms - there’s 26 classrooms, meaning this will take a while if I want to have them somewhat unique.

Anyways, for the new set of screenshots(Still very WIP):
-

Thanks for checking this out and… feedback always appreciated :slight_smile:

9 Likes

they put hl2, dod, l4d2 and many other games as asset packs on steamvr so i dont think theres a problem

3 Likes