Rp_SlavSchool

Good job, but the most important… where is “математичка”`s room and “столовка”?
Also, it will be a great idea to add “курилка” area behind the school or in the toilet
:rage:

2 Likes

There’s gonna be at least 15 more unique classrooms, so I’ll definitely make a Math classroom. About some sort of cafeteria, there won’t be one in the building itself - I’ll either add it opposite the school or not include it at all, but I believe the first option is more likely. And about the last place… there’s a lot of space around the gym.

Also, I’m a different kind of slav than Russian, so I sadly won’t understand without a google translator :slight_smile:

I’ll work on the map more today, do a compile(that takes around 10h) and then I’ll post a video walkthrough of the current state with some screenshots.

Hello,

I welcome you to another update on my roleplay map.
Although there aren’t that many changes since the last time, I figured I should finally make another video walkthrough to get an idea how the map really looks like. The biggest changes happened to the gym, a bit of the outside area and then the classrooms. Generally it’s been more detailing than adding anything big.

Since compiles take around 10h, some of the bugs show up late and can’t be fixed immediately, that’s why you can see few like: Dancing tree, one missing wall on the gym(??), few strange reflections on floors, too much light on some windows, strange shadows on the name-plates, some rooms smaller than they should be.

One thing I noticed in this compile is that the lighting is a bit weaker than originally, which will definitely be changed in the future, but obviously thanks to long compile times will be hard to get right.

That’s all I have to say about the map now, feel free to share your own thoughts on what I should improve/change/…

Thanks for checking it out and have a nice day!

Screenshots:

Video Walkthrough:

1 Like

But SteamVR is a Valve thing. Still, it’s still possible that Valve adds them to the s&box workshop.

1 Like

The map’s coming along nicely, good job on the detailing of the room :ok_hand:. when it comes to the lighting of the map have you considered baking all lights in the editor rather than compiling it? It may reduce the time trying to see if the lighting in the area looks alright.

1 Like

Hello,

I thought of this, but it will probably still take 1h or more to compile, at which point it’s better for me to just leave it compile overnight.

1 Like

Hello,

I need a little help deciding my next steps.

Dil2

This is the general design of the classrooms in the Modern part of the building. Since it’s modern, white plain walls are part of this sort of design. But, I feel it’s just a bit too empty, so what do you think? Should I keep it plain like this to go with the Modern style, or should I perhaps add something to the walls, maybe tiles to the bottom and uppder side of the wall or toy around with the geometry?

For reference, I’m going for something like this:

Please share you feedback to this, thanks.

1 Like

Imagine that there are students there, so they need water cooler, a projector, paintings, bookshelves. Try adding these objects and see what it looks like.

2 Likes

it was put up by non-valve users

Привет!
I think you should choose “aesthetic minimalistic dream-like” theme.
Make it feel otherworldly, this is what Gmod was always about.
Too many words, I’ll let the images do the talking:

Water is essential! I would like building to be surrounded by water.

**Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think you’ll find thy inspiration here: Behance :: 搜索 | Minimalist architecture, Architecture, Design

Reminds me a lot of zs_abstraction for gmod

2 Likes

Thanks you a lot. You’ve shared something really valuable for me.

Theres an even better extended version somewhere on the workshop

Exactly!