Rp_City11_Night

[release][tab]Name:[/tab] Rp_City11_Night

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.0

[tab]Description:[/tab] A Half-Life 2 Roleplay map designed for Taco Script.

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Garry’s Mod

[tab]Download:[/tab] http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=78881

[tab]Alternate Download:[/tab] http://www.filefront.com/14525023/Rp_City11_Night.zip

[tab]Status:[/tab] FIXED, WORKS
[/release]

Large Half-Life 2 Role-play map. This includes a Main Street, two side districts, plenty of combine areas and resistance areas, as well as all the typical things you would expect in a role play map. This has been in development for well over a year now, and although the setbacks were dreadful, the time has finally come to release. This map is not to be confused with Reich Roleplay’s City 11. Theirs is a separate branched off project.

Features:

• Approximately thirty apartments for citizen use.
  • Central Civil Protection Nexus for Combine role play.
  • Combine outposts scattered around the area.
  • Outdoor ration distribution center.
  • Complex alarm system for times of unrest.
  • and much much more!

Credits:

• Serman, lead designer
  • Gerrrr, project founder and designer
  • BladeRx69, designer and entity work.

With special thanks to:

• Dave Brown, help with optimization
  • Cactus Fantastico, level design contribution
  • Kane, level design contribution
  • Nimai, level design contribution
  • Symmetry, texture/decal contribution
  • the people back home, Taco N’ Banana, and everyone else for their support!

Other:

• Adam Foster for architecture inspiration, and segmented door.
  • Valve for L4D content
  • Fahrenheit for bathroom textures.
  • Foda for the fake water shader in the breen office.

Original map thread:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=603546

Screenshots:

:golfclap: I am speechless

Whoa great! :sax:

Aw 2nd.

An excellent map, come purely out of excellent effort and dedication.

Your feel for aesthetics and architecture is commendable Serman, and I’m glad to have had the opportunity to contribute in my small way.

The blend of combine and human structures is professional. The lighting is perfect, and the design is simple, yet extensive. I can’t wait to play it on the server!

Woooo~ I’m expecting great things to come out of this map within the next month.

Everyone at the Taconbanana community is dying to play this, I’m sure.

Ah shit, it’s actually out.
I’ll have to get this when I get back to my computer.

Extraordinary and unique.

Amazing map…amazing map…

will play

Maybe this might break the tie on city 18. I highly doubt it though.

Optimising this was a son-of-a-bitch but glad to say it was well fookin’ worth it. As I said before, a work of art son. You won the city8/city11 race I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

The only criticism I may see emerging is that it may be too big perhaps, for a 50 man RP server, although only time will tell. Theres a lot of space, a lot of apartments, and considering the average server is full to 20 people for most of the day, it may seem a little empty. But I doubt we’ll be seeing so few people on TnB server1 with this beast hosted anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Its been a long wait but it was really worth it.

Good job, Serman.

Can’t wait to find out whether Reich choses to use this version instead of their ‘own’.

Awesome map…

Please don’t start derailing the thread.

I’ve been around it, I must say this is a great release, the nexus and the trainstation are my favorite parts.
The 4 levels lockdown thing, with the citadel lights and the helicopter is also well done.

Done by yours truly.

Few things I spotted

This looks silly, maybe needs to be re-thought.

The windows look pretty bad, maybe remove/alter the top row and open one.
Also the frame looks a bit poo, oh and add a curb to the road.

Not Much room to move in here,

Balcony needs removing/moving up to the above window.

Have you increased the texture scale on these windows because it looks like it when they are broken

I’d align this texture to the top, as the “spikey” thing isn’t really working.

You can’t really see it in this screenshot but the portal window doesn’t open until late.

Foto sign looks a bit squashed (nit picking here)

End building is a bit short, and you’re on a raised platform. Maybe add some building(s) to the skybox here.

I’m not sure about this last one, but I could only see this are in noclip, perhaps it should be no draw.

Edit:
Also I really don’t like the func_door_rotatings you have used, perhaps get someone to make you a model or use a default door prop.

Because brush door you have created is really naff.

I don’t know Davebrown, it isn’t too large its an alright size, also have you seen the size of your own maps?

A nice map with a wonderful story of Ryder as part of the map. 9/10 A awesome addition to GMod racer for all.

I think you should reduce the amount of random combine ‘blobs’ just sitting around the map, cause the combine texture just makes your map look cheap and its pretty much taking the easy way out if you just plaster combine textures all over.

Also I agree with quite a few of the comments made by the poster above.

Hopefully, this will give a bit of fresh air to HL2RP, I was seriously getting tired of C18 and C45.

(Also, what’s up with the dumb ratings on the OP? >_> )

Lol, other communities posting such, but cannot back there statements.

I discovered a major bug that I didn’t notice before. Download links are now down until later tonight when I fix it.