RP_EvoCity_v33x issues (again)

Hi.

My ambient sounds on rp_evocity_v33x are broken, and it’s only on my server. They work perfectly in singleplayer and other servers, but on mine they are weird as fuck.
There’s the dog barking outside of the city and the gunshots and stuff inside the city.

I need this fixed, and I have no idea what the issue is. I think it might be because I installed atmos, but I looked in the code and nothing was fucking with the ambient sounds.

So, help me if you can, and if you can’t, I’ll probably switch maps :confused:

Delete the scripts folder in your server and don’t upload any edited versions of scripts/ folder to your server, more specifically the soundscripts.

Weird… There isn’t a scripts folder o.o

Then try uninstalling any addons that you might think cause this problem, or try temporarily disabling all of them to see if it’s an addon that causes this.

Might want to also check if your client has scripts/ folder and delete that.

You could also try validating/updating your server, in cause you didn’t get the latest update.

None of these worked.

So disabling ALL addons on your server, restarting it and testing it out didn’t help?
Updating the server didn’t help?
And deleting scripts/ folder on your client, restarting the game and testing it out didn’t help?

And you did all that in less than 15 minutes?

The was no scripts/ folder on my client.
When I updated the server,



Steam>app_update 4020 validate
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (1013) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write app state file /home/servers/gmod/server/steamapps/appmanifest_4020.acf
 Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Error! App '4020' state is 0x1 after update job.

Steam>


I have like 5 addons on my server.

Well looks a lot like the server fails to update to me.
You should try reinstalling the server, since it only has 5 addons anyway.
My guess is you are running old version of the server, which doesn’t have unified soundscripts.
You MAY fix this my extracting the scripts/ folder from your client to your server, but that is a workaround, not a proper solution. My best bet would be on reinstalling the server. ( Or at least making sure the .vpks are absolutely up to date, especially the scripts/ folder )

Failed to update because I had no rw perms in that folder. Ran steamcmd as root, updated, sound got fixed.

Thanks.