What is it?
rp_subterranean is a roleplay map in an underground town/community that is built in a cave of sorts.
The theme I’ve been trying to go for is that its a makeshift community built below the surface hidden away from the world above, whether they are hiding from the combine, another apocalyptic or anything else is up the they player or server to decide.
- 6 or so housing units + a hobo shack
- Mayors office with living unit
- 3 shops + gun shop
- Police station and jail (currently empty)
- Gangster hideout
- A waterfall!
- Multiple ways to get around the map
- Water to cushion you if you fall off the path (Head to the infirmary after you get out though)
- Nice relaxing tram ride down from the spawn area
- Plenty of underground areas (Everything!)
- Admin controls to turn off the waterfall effect and/or sound
- And probably more that I don’t remember
**This is the spawn area, with the tram to get down to the map:
The main area before the waterfall was added:
Same area with the waterfall:
The medical room and the way to another area of the map:
This is the other area of the map, with a window to the souvenirs shop:
The police station (completely empty at the moment) and “jail”:
Doesn’t this map use CSS or EP2 content?
Nope, it only uses the default source content.
I don’t like the waterfall, can you remove it?
The waterfall will be redone later to not look as bad but I’ll probably add an admin control to toggle it.
Can you add -something-?
If you have any ideas please post them because I want to expand on the map a lot more.
Get it from the workshop here:
So yeah, if you have any ideas/suggestions/critiques please post them so I can make this map even better