**Introducing Rudmin
***The first ‘Web Based Rust RCON Server Administration Tool’

***Version: 0.1.1
**Last Updated - Wednesday October 29, 2014

***Web App Link
***Register & Login to start using Rudmin
http://rudmin.com

**About
**Rudmin is a real-time web based RCON tool built *by *a Rust player for Rust players. Rudmin takes the complexity of managing a Rust server and does all the hard work for you; while looking fantastically great and easy to use. No longer do you need to download programs or have to be home to manage your server. Rudmin is responsive on all browsers and devices, and works seamlessly to deliver a refresh-free experience.

***Security
***Rudmin DOES NOT store your RCON password and never will. When you add a server to Rudmin, we only store the general information about your server. When you want to connect to your RCON server, you MUST enter your RCON password every time. This feature has been implemented to protect yourself and your server.

Features

• Real-time uptime/downtime
  • Real-time player count
  • Live server console
  • Live chat feed
  • Sending commands to the server
  • Sending chat messages to the server
  • Live player management
  • Kick, ban, SteamID ban, give, teleport players
  • More features are on their way, remember, Rudmin is in very early beta :slight_smile:

***Screenshots

**Dashboard
**Original Screenshot Link

**Dashboard - Enter RCON Password to Connect

**Dashboard - Edit Server Settings

**RCON Control Panel - Console & Chat

**RCON Control Panel - Players

**RCON Control Panel - ****Kick Player

***Questions/Feedback
Note that Rudmin is in very early alpha and many bugs exist and will be squished. If you find one please post in this thread with a detailed explanation of the bug. If you have any feedback or additional questions, feel free to post in this thread as well!

Server Setup Before Using Rudmin (REQUIRED BEFORE USING RUDMIN)
**Before you use Rudmin, you need to enable external ip’s to connect to RCON, below is the steps how.

*1. Inside your Rust CMD, send the command, ‘rcon.ip externalip’ without the ’ ’
2. Right click your script which starts your server (most likely a .bat) and click edit
3. Find where you have the -rcon.ip argument and change it to be exactly like this: +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0

Getting a 504 Gateway Error?
This is due to cookies and cache currently stored in your browser. Delete all of your cookies & cache and try again; 99% of the time this will fix this problem.

***Change Log

V 0.1
***Initial Release

***V 0.1.1
******** ALL SERVER RECORDS IN THE DATABASE HAVE BEEN WIPED AND ALL ACCOUNT SETTINGS HAVE BEEN RESET. THERE IS NO LONGER AND WILL NEVER BE ANY PLAIN TEXT PASSWORDS IN ANY DATABASE ***

• RCON password is NO LONGER saved in any database. RCON password must be entered manually when connecting.

Rudmin
**- Newly designed dashboard page (future ability to add and manage multiple servers)

• RCON Control Panel page has been added with easy switching between Console/Chat & Players
  • Ability to edit server info (name, ip, port, query port can all be edited)
  • Fixed login hang times (Upon login to Rudmin, you will no longer be automatically logged into your server)
  • Fixed drop down menu on homepage, register and login page when on mobile devices (clicking the hamburger button now gives a dropdown)
  • Removed un-needed CSS and JS references (loading times are much better)
  • Added Google Analytics
  • Now sponsored by Revolt Servers (providing dedicated Rust server for testing)
  • Additional small bug fixes

**Linux Server
**- Automated application and application dependencies start on server reboots

• Automation has been added to detect if the application crashes and if so will restart it automatically
  • Port 80 reverse proxy has been setup to redirect traffic to the application. Port forwarding was used previously but I decided to switch and use a reverse proxy because it adds an extra layer of security. SSL is hopefully coming soon.***

Credits
***Snwspeckle - Project Head/Dev
Rustafied - Supplied Test Rust Server

Amazing. How can we reach you guys over email?

Send me an email: [EMAIL=“anthonycvella@gmail.com”]anthonycvella@gmail.com :slight_smile:

You’re late. Screenshots look nice tho.

You are never too late to improve something that already exists…

This looks cool - is it for legacy or live?

Whats about secure? Are you store rcon passwords of server owners?

Doesn’t hurt to have a slick tag line :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s currently for experimental only. I do not plan on supporting legacy because I’d like to influence people to test and play experimental, it’s better anyway.

Security is something I’ve been thinking of the past few days. It’s by far the most important thing to me, especially with Rudmin. Currently your Rudmin.com account has its password hashed and secured. At this time your RCON password is **not **encrypted. When connecting to RCON servers, the password **has **to be in plain text, there’s no way to compare an encrypted hash on the server. Having to be responsible with RCON passwords is something I do not want to have the responsibility of so I plan on changing this in the next day or so.

Was just about to test it, good thing I read this post first :stuck_out_tongue: Are you planning on keeping this a hosted solution or will Rudmin be downloadable?

Rudmin will continue to be a hosted solution because it will allow people to access their servers from anywhere without setup. I’m currently working on revising the way Rudmin stores passwords and the new system I am moving towards, I will no longer store your RCON password; it will have to be entered manually every time. I’ll have more to come hopefully later today.

When ever I log into my account the page keeps timing out.

Username: Ollie

edit: here’s a screenshot

http://i.h0rn.co.uk/cjN7pG42.png

I’m aware of this error and am working to fix it. The stability you’ll notice is not quite so good right now and that’s because of the flow I currently have set in place with connecting to RCON. I’m working right now on changing the flow of connecting to RCON to resolve most of these timeout issues. I’m hoping to have an update to production later today (if all goes well :P).

Depending on what it’s written in, I’d be glad to assist if you need me to :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offer but currently it’s actually not so much a bug but the timing at which I connect to RCON. It’s written in Node.JS and uses around 20 modules.

That’s a Nope for me anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks good and seems to work well for me :slight_smile:

Will the give and teleport functions be added at a later date?

Looks pretty good. Will try it out as soon as you get password encryption implemented!

I presume once the rcon commands work properly, it will be :stuck_out_tongue: Nothing he can really do about it. Unless perhaps there is a way for the platform to cease installed pluton or oxide plugins and add their available commands to the panel.

That would be insane.

Thanks and correct! I’m just waiting on it to be fixed in Rust itself. Once Give and teleport work again, I’ll implement them.

I’ve been working on Rudmin all day and have a lot cool new features, bug fixes and a password fix coming soon probably within an hour or two.

V 0.1.1 Change Log
*** ALL SERVER RECORDS IN THE DATABASE HAVE BEEN WIPED AND ALL ACCOUNT SETTINGS HAVE BEEN RESET. THERE IS NO LONGER AND WILL NEVER BE ANY PLAIN TEXT PASSWORDS IN ANY DATABASE ***

• RCON password is NO LONGER saved in any database. RCON password must be entered manually when connecting.

Rudmin

• Newly designed dashboard page (future ability to add and manage multiple servers)
  • RCON Control Panel page has been added with easy switching between Console/Chat & Players
  • Ability to edit server info (name, ip, port, query port can all be edited)
  • Fixed login hang times (Upon login to Rudmin, you will no longer be automatically logged into your server)
  • Fixed drop down menu on homepage, register and login page when on mobile devices (clicking the hamburger button now gives a dropdown)
  • Removed un-needed CSS and JS references (loading times are much better)
  • Added Google Analytics
  • Now sponsored by Revolt Servers (providing dedicated Rust server for testing)
  • Additional small bug fixes

Linux Server

• Automated application and application dependencies start on server reboots
  • Automation has been added to detect if the application crashes and if so will restart it automatically
  • Port 80 reverse proxy has been setup to redirect traffic to the application. Port forwarding was used previously but I decided to switch and use a reverse proxy because it adds an extra layer of security. SSL is hopefully coming soon.