Running lua

Hi, I’m kind of new to the whole gmod-lua business, but I was wondering if there is a quicker way to run the lua files, right now I just edit them, save them, and then restart gmod each time… which is kind of annoying to do, is there some other way to do it?

commands lua_openscript
lua_openscript_cl
gamemode_reload

LuaPad addon

You don’t need LuaPad addon if you code or play in window mode.

If it’s a client side / autorun file you just have to rejoin the server your testing on.

No you don’t, you can reload the file with the console command. I go on random servers and I can edit my clientside scripts and reload them and the changes work.

Unless I misunderstood what you said.

Windowed mode ftw.

Brandan, indeed you misunderstood what I said. I was correcting him on restarting gmod, instead he can jsut rejoin the server. I agree ur way is much easier, just giving him tips instead of restarting.

And yes, Windowed mode ftw.

Oh. Okay. I have a question about windowed mode though, so instead of making a new thread I’ll ask here.
Is anyone here able to make their gmod window the same size as their screen, and not have the title bar block you from moving the window up more so you can see your half blocked health bar in game?

You can make the toolbar at the bottom hide or make it look like the vista OS toolbar.

Yes I know that, but I’m talking about the title bar of garrysmod (or any other source game really.)
Because of it, it stops you from moving the rest of the window higher to see the blocked half of your health.

Yup… so you change your resolution from 4:3 to 16:4 and make the actual like 1020 x 784 or w.e smaller to fit your screen. I have a huge widescreen for my computer so I have it on 16:9 (or 10) and 1600 x 900 which still gives me about 1/3 of my screen.

TUTORIAL: How to get rid of the border around your windows (SOURCE GAMES)

Open steam library
Right click the game in question
Click Properties
Click the GENERAL tab
Click the button that says “Set Launch Options”
Add the following:
-window -noborder
Click OK
Click Close
Start your game