Rust and traditional gatherer hunter societies

I am reading a book about traditional societies and I found some parallels of these societies with “rust-societies” on many servers. I think these parallels come from the fact, that the original premise of these 2 different societies is quite similar: Gather (or steal) limited ressources in a certain area and try to defend them. No bigger institution or government interferes with your actions.

Out of this premise evolves a similar situation for rust and traditional societies:
-People that can trust each other bond together (family members in traditional societies and some kind of friends in rust), help each other defending and share their stuff.

-They claim some kind of territory and kill others, that try to enter it. The book focuses a lot on Papua Newguinea, where traditional societies with stone tools lived almost untouched until the 1930s. There it was very dangerous to enter the territory of a different tribe without agreement. The so often criticized kill on sight is not an invention of modern pc-games, but in these societies it was also common. Especially if you consider, that these different tribes all spoke a different language (Papua Newguinea has by far the highest language density in the world), so they could not communicate with each other very well. I think the possibility to communicate leads to less KoS.

-They look for others, where they think they are stronger and try to steal the stuff from other groups. In traditional societies it was common to raid neighboring tribes.

-Two tribes usually lived approximately one week of travel apart from each other. At the moment this is not particularly the case in rust, distance doesn’t scale 1:1, but what this means is, that two tribes can not coexist if they are too close and too much time evolves. I also read this fact from this post http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1452913 . Particularly the post claims, that in the long run (meaning no wipes) a single powerful group of players dominates a server in a way that no other group is able to coexist. Given the particular game mechanics, it may be that the map is simply too small to hold several groups in the long run.

I think this basic setting that leads to a tribe-like game-play is the main reason of rusts success, because it adresses our instincts. Though there is one basic concept, that would enhance Rusts gameplay by a lot and I think it is trade. There are a lot of other nice things that rust need, but these are mainly balancing and more content.
Traditional societies did trade and rust does not have trade. Some people may say that you could trade if you want, but in fact people don’t trade. They don’t trade because it is not necessary nor beneficial. I think it would be nice, if it would be possible to implement a game mechanic that enhances trade.
Trade evolves, when there is a difference in demand and supply of a certain good. At the moment everything is everywhere and everybody can gather it. This is the main reason, why there is no trade. The only time i traded was when a neighbour had a BP that i didnt have and i gave him stuff to produce something for me. But eventually if the game continues, everybody (or at least every group) has all blueprints and the need for trade stops.

One possibility to enhance trade is, that high-end gear needs different ressources to craft, that spawn on very distant locations on the map. They should be so distant, that controlling all of them would be impossible or impractical. Of course this is only possible if sleeping-bag-teleporting is removed.