Rust assets

As i know assets from other games arent gonna be added because they take a percentaje of the earnings

what about rust? it haves some cool assets that could be implemented and you wouldnt have to spend a pennie to put them in.

has this been consider? if so what do you think about the theme?

For example the drone used in the newest dev log as 26/02/2021

3 Likes

If you would have read the last update, you would have noticed Layla mentioning and showing the drone from rust. But basically, you can have every asset in the game that is in FBX format.

2 Likes

i mention it on the original post tho, wdym with if would have read it

2 Likes

nvm, i cant read, but still, as long as the asset is in fbx format and you have its textures, etc, everything can be ingame
:grin:

ups, sorry

2 Likes

I don’t think this is why Garry doesn’t want to have mounting, pretty sure it’s because he doesn’t want you to have to buy more games to play the game.

3 Likes

Unless things have changed recently mounting other games won’t be a thing, from the FAQ:

Q: Will we be able to mount games like we can in Garry’s Mod?

A: 2020-11-30_03-28-58
A: 2020-11-30_03-29-10
A: 2020-11-30_03-29-19

6 Likes

This is pure speculation, but I have found this in the deathmatch gamemode source code.
It is possible that you can maybe depend on Rust or other games to be mounted for your gamemode.

2 Likes

Garry doesn’t like the idea of requiring you to have other games to play gamemodes and similar so I doubt it would have a feature requring you to own a game to play it

2 Likes

Pretty sure he plans on adding realistic models (rust) and the cartoonish models. I doubt you’d have to buy rust to see the models. And it’s on an entirely different engine so I’d imagine that’d would be harder to do

2 Likes

I imagine thats just telling the addon to get the rust assets that are probably packed on their own “rust” folder inside the addon or something along those lines. I bet later on those will be simply included in the game and we won’t need to reference them like that. But I might be wrong.

5 Likes