I was hoping some of you would have some time on your hands to help me out here. I am in the process of making a base building planner for RUST. From what I saw in alpha footage and streams protecting your base comes down to planning how to build and you can make some pretty sick / ingenious approaches to hiding your stash and preventing it from being raided.
I got most of the basics working to make a web based floor plan builder outputting how many resources needed however I cannot specificly test it against the ingame constraints of RUST without access to the game. I’ve seen the wiki but that doesn’t help me that much yet.
**If someone would be so kind to supply me with the following information:
**1. What I really need is the portions / sizes of each place-able item, screenshots of configurations, wall, door, pillar would work. Exact size would be AWESOME (if a dev / mod has a moment)
2. What points does a pillar snap on, at the moment i have 9 snap points. The corners, middle of each side and middle middle.
3. How many pillars are needed to place a object ontop of pillars. (4?).
4. Which objects can be placed ontop of pillars (ramps, foundations).
5. Where do these pillars need to be to place an object ontop of them? DO you just need 4? Or does it need to be on each corner?
6. A wall/doorframe can be inbetween ANY of two pillars with the correct size between them? Even cross foundations?
Any more info would be great for me to get to a state where I could actually push a preview / test version