Rust Crash Dump!

Hi,

i’ve encountered a problem with rust few weeks ago when i tried to change my video settings in a server and the game crashed so i had to force shutdown my laptop and start again but after that the game never starts. All the time i get crash dumps while the server is loading.
Now after this crash i also get alot of errors with my laptop like… When i boot and log on i get a box “performance settings” which is something with page file not being blablabla… I dont really know what this is, but seems like a problem, if i try to change it after a new boot it comes back
and hasn’t saved anything…

My specs are decent enough, i can run the game at least with 30+ fps, sometimes when in battle it drops down but rarely.

6GB ram
i5 3210M 3,1GHz
1TB HDD, 600mb free
AMD 7670M 1GB

I’ve played rust for 50hrs and i have never had any problems until now.
I also clean my laptop with canned air/aerosol every month.
No overheating!

Only thing that i have done is that i unparked my CPU cores which i have parked back since i thought that this was the cause, i got this advice from a youtube video here:

The latest crash dump is here:

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.1.2p2_207c2b8718a4]

RustClient.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module RustClient.exe at 0033:3fb56fe9.

Error occurred at 2015-08-06_202728.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\RustClient.exe, run by ******.
88% memory in use.
6020 MB physical memory [718 MB free].
6018 MB paging file [5 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8386062 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

[editline]6th August 2015[/editline]

Also the other dump that i got before the latest is something with mono.dll:

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.1.2f1_afd2369b692a]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module mono.dll at 0033:e57307ed.

Error occurred at 2015-08-05_201704.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\RustClient.exe, run by Sigmar.
90% memory in use.
6020 MB physical memory [563 MB free].
6018 MB paging file [3 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8385577 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Help :’(

[editline]6th August 2015[/editline]

Bump

mate, no way too play it whit only 6 gb ram…

Why do people insist on playing alpha games on laptops. Then inevitably they come to the forums and complain about crashes or poor performance lol

lol hahah, can u read? Firstly i came looking for help, secondly my specs are good enough to run the game, my problem is crashes that i never had, my friend has even worse laptop and he has 500+ hrs on Rust so dont be a smartass, im just looking for help, not some negative thought, i dont care what u think about laptops, i travel alot so this is the best solution for me. Pls never talk to me again. This community is so toxic and annoying.

[editline]7th August 2015[/editline]

Well my friend has a laptop that is with worse specs than mine and he has over 500hrs on the game, intel i3 and 4gb of ram. :slight_smile:

You came here for help well here is some advice DONT play unoptimized alpha games on a laptop and things will go far smoother. I’ve been playing rust since legacy and have never had a crash, always gotten at least 40 FPS. Funny how that works isn’t it.

Did u even bother reading? It cant be just my laptop since i bought the game when it basically came to steam and i also have been playing it since, had a break for some time and now i have been playing it without no problems. I have no other choise to play it on a laptop… Do you get that? -Im not rich and i have to earn money myself by working, not like some kids that get their iPhones and Alienwares by ease.

I know what!Open cmd (an administrator mode)And copy this!
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “(_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest•.xml”}

And go in rust!)Its work for all in win 10)

Doesn’t work.