Rust Crashes On Loading Screen HELP Developers !!!!

I’ve just purchased this game and after installing and trying to run it for the first time I keep getting an error, after attempting to join a server it tells me to send the error file to developer. Just after it say’s loading rad towns it crashes every time.

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.0.1p3_831bf8db21f1]

RustClient.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module RustClient.exe at 001b:00888136.

Error occurred at 2015-05-20_123434.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust\RustClient.exe, run by clinton.
94% memory in use.
2047 MB physical memory [115 MB free].
4094 MB paging file [1193 MB free].
2048 MB user address space [136 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Can you post your system specs? CPU, RAM, video card.

It seems like you may only have 2GB of RAM, and that’s not enough to run Rust, as listed on its Steam Store page stats. 4GB is the minimum, and right now it doesn’t run very well if you don’t have 8GB, but that’s partially performance issues that’ll be resolved over time.

CPU = intel core 2 duo E 6600 2.40 ghz

MotherBoard = nforce 680i LT

Memory = ddr2 2 gigs

Video Card = Geforce GT 730 + 1 gig Ram.

Im assuming I’m sort 1 gig from this specs to meet the requirments I suppose :S

Unfortunately, video card RAM doesn’t contribute to system RAM that way. Your machine cannot run Rust. It fails to meet the published minimum system requirements. Sorry, man.

Video RAM and RAM are 2 different things. If you only have 2gb of RAM you will not be able to play Rust.

CPU = intel core 2 duo E 6600 2.40 ghz

MotherBoard = nforce 680i LT

Memory = ddr2 2 gigs

Video Card = Geforce GT 730 + 1 gig Ram.

Im assuming I’m sort 1 gig from this specs to meet the requirments I suppose :S

You will need a minimum of 4gb’s of RAM. The RAM on your video card does not contribute to this total. Good news is since you only have 2gb you might be able to toss a single 2gb stick into your system. Do you have any open DIMM slots?

You need a minimum of 4GB of system RAM, and you only have 2GB right now, and I’m pretty sure you would not have a very satisfying experience with that old CPU either. The Core 2 Duo E6600 was released in third-quarter 2006. It’s old enough to tie its shoes and clean its own bedroom.

I suffered with a machine that predates the Core 2 brand (Pentium D 925) for years, so I know what it’s like trying to run new games on a potato.

It’s time to start saving up for a new machine if you want to play new games.

I’ve just read some post’s of ppl with similar specs and just upgraded their ram to 4-5 gig’s and they say it works fine… I’m currently running 64bit window’s 7

Well you can probably run it but it’s not going to be pretty. A 2gb RAM dimm should be pretty cheap though so give it a shot!

Upgrading to 4GB of RAM is going to probably give you a better experience all-around with your machine, but there is still a limit as to how well a CPU that’s approaching its nine-year release anniversary is going to run the game.