Rust Development Ideas

Disclaimer:
Just a little list of some ideas that should be added to the game. I am aware that some of these ideas have already been discussed or trialed in-game however I want to create a list where people can view everyone’s ideas

<Items, Weapons and Attachments>

Flashlight:
Bring the flashlight attachment for weapons back from Rust Legacy

Miners Hat and Candle Hat:
The ability to switch them on or off without opening your inventory. Maybe a hot key, say Q or F?

Rifle Scope:
An 8x rifle scope attachment for long range engagements. Will make the Bolt Action even more useful. Make it look like the crossbow scope from Contagon not like the Call of duty scope with a black boarder

Extra Attachment Slot:
A slot for an extra attachment on a gun. Maybe only find these in the world and airdrops?

Small BackPack:
Equitable backpack which adds the small wood storage storage space to your inventory. All items stored in the backpack will stay in the backpack when it is dropped or moved into your inventory. Max 1 Backpack per player? Backpack will be equipped on craft?

Large BackPack:
Equitable backpack which adds the large wood storage storage space to your inventory. All items stored in the backpack will stay in the backpack when it is dropped or moved into your inventory. Max 1 Backpack per player? Backpack will be equipped on craft? Steam market variants? (Green, Black, Blue, Orange)

Hazmat Gear:
A full set of Hazmat Gear stops you from getting radiation poisoning

Radio:
Can play music from a set radio station or can play music from a folder in the rust directory. Can be placed inside a vehicle for awesome music

Cars:
Jeep or some type of transport. Will allow 2 players to sit in the front and a max of 4 to sit/stand in the back. Can shoot in the back of the jeep? Runs off High Grade Fuel

Bike??:
Cheap version of car. Slower and more venerable. Can shoot on bike with reduced accuracy? Uses food/water out of player instead of fuel? Maybe durability?

HELICOPTER:
Rain hell from above with a helicopter. Load it with 5.56 Ammo and fly around in your attack chopper. Runs off high grade. Can hold 2 in the cockpit, 2 in the back and 2 on the landing bars. The people on the landing bars can shoot

Fuel Refinery:
Converts low grade fuel (x5) into High grade fuel (x1)

High External Stone Gate:
Stone version of the High external wood gate

Food:
Eat from hot bar by scrolling to the food and clicking it

Large Med Pack:
Can heal from the hot bar by selecting and clicking. Maybe needs animation like the bandages or syringe

Pentagon Foundations/Roofs etc:
Place pentagon stuff… It’s cool… Trust me…

Flechette Shotgun Ammo:
Has less range than the buckshot and the slugs but fires more bullets per sho. Fires needles? (Ammo Color Idea: Orange or Blue?)

Furniture:
Place chairs that you can sit on, tables that you can eat from, benches that you can put stuff on and a small chest of draws that you can put stuff in (And also place lanterns on top)

<Crafting, Building and Blueprints>

Radiation Pills:
Ability to blueprint and create the radiation pills

Large Water Collector:
Ability to blueprint the large water collector

Large Oil Refinery:
Ability to blueprint and build the large oil refinery

<Gameplay>

Prone:
The ability to go prone on the ground? Stealth?

Lanterns:
Can be placed near chests, walls and other items instead of a 2cm gap in between

<Hud, Optimisation and Extras>

Hud (Heads Up Display):

Animations:
Maybe add
-Eating
-Large Med Pack Healing
-Drinking
animations?

Character Customisation:
Ability to select what you look like (Male/Female, Race/Color of skin)

Teleport:
Create a server command that can allow the use of a teleport command. (Like sv_tele 1/0)
When teleporting, you don’t assume the sleeping position but you spawn straight in, like back in Rust Legacy

Optimisation:
Lower graphics requirement for low end PCs??? Turn clouds off?

Signs:
Signs don’t go off graphics setting when you are drawing them. On the lowest setting its hard to tell what you are drawing because it’s so blurry. Text type tool? So you can type words

Will update frequently, please comment your idea’s or suggestions so I can add them to the list

I offer support, but no input.

90% of that stuff is already getting added. Do you even read the DevBlogs?

Looks like someone doesn’t even play Rust, if you did you’ll know that 90% of this stuff was already added into the game.

it is not 90 % but 29.63 %.

i did the math.

Hi developers! I want to offer idea on control of a gameplay in your game. I think it will be better if than a gun like AK-47, a rifle and others, were created on different important objects. Tank or airport for example. There will be there a machine or a fabrikator which will work at fuel and only on it it will be possible to make the high-class weapon. the weapon will be created some minutes. then the weapon will become more valuable and on these objects will pass mass battles. Also I think it is possible to add handicraft guns like double-barreled gun, the fowling piece or the self-made gun which can be made without fabrikator. I hope my ideas will be useful and will introduce more interesting in game. If this is so, please answer my steam. Yours faithfully lord_sithov

Add harvestable wood, stone and metal ore. That would totally be a cool addition11!

I found nothing original in the OP at all.

Wow, and yes I do play Rust. No I read the dev blog and I know that the Large Refinery is getting added along with other things. I was trying to make something with general ideas because the large water collector cant be blueprinted (I don’t think) and I wanted the refinery to be something different. I am aware that vehicles have been talked about but nothing has happened with them. I was just putting my option on them and what I would like to see happen. These are all ideas that I have made from playing the game as well… I dont go “Wow this person has already posted something like my idea, IM GOING TO DO THE SAME!” I dont even check facepunch forums that often. And I know for a fact that some items havnt been talked about and some items that havn’t even been discussed like Fletche Ammo and Radios.

Clearly most of these ideas are not in the game yet and if they are, you guys have not read the whole damn thing cause there are aspects that he wants edited or added to something that is already there. You kids just want to trash talk cause he has some ideas he wants the dev’s to consider and your sitting in your crappy apartment that your parents payed for with nothing better to do but to then to try and destroy peoples ideas that you couldn’t think of. It is really pathetic, let him speak his mind without giving hate for his creativity and your lack of any.

Here’s a link to about 30 threads where people suggested radios. Here’s a bunch on this very forum.

Neither “fletche” or “flettche” are actual words, so you’re probably original there. Not as cool as my idea for roblen gooblygorks though.

When you “suggest” things that the Devs have actually shown demos of, it doesn’t really impress people much.