Rust download/Dual Monitors

Hey!

I was wondering if there were any plans to make rust a downloadable, and if so, when? I understand that releasing a download makes it easier to hack but I can only tolerate a web player for so long. Every time I accidentally hit esc to close my inventory, I’m out of the game for 10-15 seconds. Also, my second monitor is completely black, which is no use to me. I would like to have a Rust map for reference on it, but that is not possible.

Thanks!

Everything you just said is wrong. Making it downloadable is pointless as a web version is the easiest to use, for me and the developers. It doesn’t make any difference whether it is on your browser or in an executable. Don’t press ESC, it’s as simple as that. If you are having trouble with it, take off the key from your keyboard. Your second monitor shouldn’t be black, that is only a “sometimes” sort of deal, as half the time it can be black and half the time you will be able to see it. Get more familiar with the map, and your last problem disappears.

Instead of going fullscreen, simply do full window and press f11 in your browser.

I can’t say any dates, but we’re looking at a standalone client somewhat soon

First the bow and now the client… Such a nice day :smiley:

In the past whenever my screen has gone black when I go into a game I find its usually because of multiple sizes of screen resolution. If they’re both the same then I guess that rules that out :slight_smile: Looking forward to the standalone though.

How is the steam version going to work and will you have to purchase another key for that?

That is great…‘soon’ is arbitrary, but the fact that its’ on the project table is great.