Rust End Game

First, let me get this out of the way: You’re welcome, Garry. I present my idea free of charge; however, if you would care to pay dividends, I will gladly accept them.

Folks, I present to you my idea: An extremely super duper rare blueprint. A rocket ship. Yes, you heard it here first. A motherfucking rocket ship. Think you’re going to build that bitch yourself? Nope. The ABSOLUTELY INSANE amount of resources it would take to build it would FORCE you to work with others. And what happens once you successfully build it? You take a select few since it doesn’t have enough seating for everyone, and BLAST off to another planet with different and odd resources. The fights that would occur over claiming a spot on this rocket ship would be OUTSTANDING! The select few that are lucky enough to make it can go and build their utopia on a foreign planet.

You’re welcome.

Or, I could start the server with different seed…

Is this what they call an “ideas guy”?

Thread Music:

No need to pay me or Elton John.

I actually kinda’ like this idea tbh.

Time travel and go back prior to the fallout. This basically just resets server if it happens. Some players try to end game, some try to keep it from happening. Also, make it nearly impossible to do.

My first thought: The fuck is this guy going on about, sounds retarded.

Then I thought about it and let my imagination free upon the idea and man it suddenly sounds awesome!
It would incite wars and a lot of… social/psychological shit going on which is something I look forward to in the new Rust.

I think it’s a fun idea but maybe more appropriate for a future mod or something that a server can opt to use or not.

Had a similar idea a while ago involving plane parts. It takes a lot of resources, the right parts, a lot of time… and you have to defend it. Succeed and you fly to another map with … something better, more advanced, more involved, something designed for the more serious players.

There’s obviously a ton of reasons why that idea failed at launch.

It’s an interesting concept. Personally, I think it would be nice to have some type of world event. Keep the idea of an aircraft, but change it to an airplane that allows travel to an island with upgraded resources or some type of shop where you can trade resources for valuable items.

How about everyone works to build a nuke that wipes the server?? :smiley:

Exactly. I’m glad you came around. Your intellect is impressive! It’s essentially and event like an airdrop, only on a grander scale; one which would actually require teamwork and be a hotbed for danger! It also tends to fit in with their conceptualized art…satellite dishes, weird pod tanks etc…

How about after months of work you can build a shrinking machine that magically sends you to a different world where there are giant spiders and ants, and even giants, but the resources are HUGE!

How about you start off as a naked man with a rock then you hit some trees and rocks and build a spaceship with lasers and let’s throw some space dragons in there too.

First, let me get this out of the way: You’re welcome, Garry. I present my idea free of charge; however, if you would care to pay dividends, I will gladly accept them.

Folks, I present to you my idea: An extremely super duper rare blueprint. A dark portal. Yes, you heard it here first. A motherfucking dark portal. Think you’re going to build that bitch yourself? Nope. The ABSOLUTELY INSANE amount of resources it would take to build it would FORCE you to work with others. And what happens once you successfully build it? You take a select few since it doesn’t have enough seating for everyone, and teleport to outland with different and odd resources. The fights that would occur over claiming a spot on this dark portal would be OUTSTANDING! The select few that are lucky enough to make it can go and build their utopia on a foreign planet.

You’re welcome.

see, this is much more convincingly sold.

You guys just don’t have any class!

Classes! That’s just what we need in Rust.

Palladins, Druids, Mages, Death Knights, Hobbits, etc.

What do you think?

You’ve put me off the idea…

i call the paladin. i will call him mr smitey, and he will have a big rock to hit people with.

This would be a fun idea if it would be in the place of a WIPE, you would build that rocket, take a few with you and as many resources as they can fit in the rocket then fly the other planet and this one gets destroyed (server wipe but the ones in the rocket keep the items on them and in the rocket) so the guys that managed to get into the rocket will have a bonus start with the stuff that they packed + that could be like another landmark when it lands it will remain there stuck in the ground on the “new planet” or something like that