Rust .exe has stopped working

As title says, i bought the game last night, played fine all night, this morning it crashes on startup. Any help ?

My story is the same^^

the same happening to me a fix would be nice

same here pleas fix ASAP!!!

Same problem here

Yup, closed Rust and it said there was an update which was fairly small and now it’s giving this message.

Are you guys running Windows 8? I am having the same problem.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Having the same problem too

Same.

Same

Win 7 Ultimate

urgh i get this on both dev branch and none now :frowning:

Same here as well!

Same problem here :wink:

Not sure if this is useful or not but i came across this checking the Output_log.txt in the Rust folder, this looked suspicious:

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rust\rust_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rust\rust_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Missing Bundle bundles/navmesh.000.unity3d

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.
Could not resolve host: bundles; Host not found

(Filename: Line: 1040)

Shader ‘Diffuse’: fallback shader ‘VertexLit’ not found
Shader ‘Hidden/Sky Clouds Nominal’: fallback shader ‘Cumulus Perlin Layer SM2’ not found
Shader ‘Hidden/Sky Clouds Rain’: fallback shader ‘Rain Clouds Layer SM2’ not found
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

i know its alpha but can some1 give us a heads-up??

I had the same problem to fix this I right clicked on rust and opted out of the beta tab…

did not work for many of us (even for me)

I never had this option enabled in the first place, still getting the error after trying to switch it.

Looks like it som memory access violation. The librust.dll is doing something that the os does not allowe.