Rust Experimental won't launch

Most of the time, not always, when I launch Rust experimental, it will open the game and get to a black screen and then close. No error message. If I restart my PC and launch it, first thing, it usually opens fine.

Anyone else have this?

One thing I tried was deleting and redownloading EAC and that made it run once. So, I think it has something to do with that?

Running any security software?

Also, specs? OS, CPU, RAM, video card.

I have had that same problem periodically. I will just run Rust again and it will let me get into game. Not sure why it does it but since it only wastes like 3 seconds of my life I didn’t feel it was worth me investigating :slight_smile:

Win7 64. Core I5 2500k, 16gb ram, Radeon 290. Running AVG antivirus.

No message pops up. It just closes the program. Not sure what it is.

Try this:

I’m not sure what that is supposed to do, but I tried it and it still does the same thing. Starts loading the black screen and then just closes down.

it’s ensuring you have the correct files and permissions for EAC to run properly:)

Didn’t want to post after 2 years but I’ve been having the same issue and don’t know how to fix. Same black screen and then restart the machine again.

My specs:
AMD 8350 4.2Ghz
16GB RAM G.Skill
Asus R9 390x 8GB Video RAM
MB Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Windows 10 64bits

Re-installed Rust, after few tries I finally got to play Rust for about 1:30 hour, then decided to switch server then bumm, black screen. Trying to switch now graphic drivers to old ones to see if works.