Rust expiremental kills my wi-fi

I have Windows 8.
this is my computer:
http://www.techhypermart.com/notebooks/asus/asus-n550jk-cn026h-n-series-15-6-laptop-notebook.html

i’m connecting through wi-fi and the game works fine (you know, for a alpha) but when i’m disconnecting from the game it kills my wi-fi. i can’t connect to any network, disable and enable it won’t fix it. i need to restart my computer for it to work again.
am i the only one it happens to him?

Your computer shouldn’t affect the wifi signal. Check your bandwidth usage and try restarting your router.

That is what you say right before you are DDOSed.

i have this problem too im using windows 8.1 with wireless adapter and every time i open rust (expiremental) my wifi just die and reconnect after 1-6 min (not laptop)

the signal is fine. other computers are still connected when it happens. it happens only on the computer that i play rust on it. and it just kill the wi-fi. when i exit rust the wi-fi symbol is changed for some reason with the Ethernet symbol (my computer is only connected through wi-fi). if i disable and enable the wi-fi then its symbol will appear again but with this red X on it and it writes “limited” under my network. i can’t change to another network at this time and i can’t disconnect from my network. this if fixed only when i restart my computer.

if the signal isn’t being shaped/choked, and the other computers are fine, it could be a device failure on that one computer. debatable why, but are the device drivers up to date? does it happen with other programs too?

all i up to date. it only happens when i play rust experimental.

Hey this happens to me too, so don’t worry too much.

But hey, you don’t need to restart. Just “diagnose” your wireless adapter and it works itself out right away.

i tried this with no success. only restart solving this for me.

Well, it uses an huge amount of my bandwidth, when i’m inside the game, and i’m connected to LAN with a Ethernet Cable/Lan Cable.

And when I go out of the game, my internet suddenly goes slower. (Just for my PC doesn’t affect others)

I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR7015 Wireless Network adapter, and can confirm that the issues experienced by the OP are true.

My desktop;
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 980 @ 3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 12GB
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Is it possible that the issue stems from the new anti-cheat program?

Edit: Other wireless devices on the network do not experience a slowdown or stoppage of service when the subject PC exits the game (Rust Experimental)

I don’t seem to have this issue on my laptops wireless.

What AV are you all using and/or aftermarket Firewall?

I’ve disabled my AV and the problem persists.

To clarify the issue better, the disconnection only occurs upon exiting the game after having played on the server for less than a minute.

Edit: Seemingly, if you click “Disconnect” before clicking “Exit” the event does not occur.

This is all you need for understanding what happens to you:

http://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/1y8d6j/rust_ruins_my_internet_connection_can_anyone_help/
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1887266

This issue is called Router Slowdown, happens to me as well