Rust First Day Trailer Framerate

After watching the trailer on the playrust website (this one http://playrust.com/intro-video/) I noticed that the framerate is quite clearly 60fps. The mp4 is even named FirstDay_60_low.

Anyone have any idea what sort of machine the trailer was recorded on? My average framerate when playing seems to be about 45-50 regardless of graphical settings. With everything off, including grass which doesn’t even deter my performance in the first place, I still only max out at about 50. And that’s only in low populated areas. In areas with lots of structures I’m usually at about 45. The most I’ve seen is probably about 72 when facing towards the water with almost nothing else on screen.

Is it possible that there is just some recording trick involved, or is it just the sheer amount of props that end up in a world with 128 player servers which is causing the slowdown? I assume the video was just recorded on a small local server so there would be almost nothing in the world. If I had to guess, I’d bet on this being the reason.

Any thoughts? If my specs are important, I’m running an hd 7950 @ 1110mhz core and 1400mhz memory, i5 3570k ~3.8ghz, 840 EVO 250gb and I’m using w7.

60FPS constantly with i5-2500K@4.2Ghz and a GTX560Ti. It dips down when surrounded by player made buildings though.

What’s your resolution? Your gpu is worse than mine and your cpu is better with the overclock. That either means the game runs better on nvidia or you’re playing on a much lower resolution.

I’m playing on 1920x1080.

The game does run better on nvidia currently, it seems.

A trick that makes the game run much better for me:
Use net.connect in the F1 console to get to your server before you hit “play game” on the main menu. You can join a server without even loading the server browser which is horrendously clunky and slow. Makes everything run smoother for me.

Nice tip, though I don’t see how this will make the game run better. You can also click the Play Game button again to close the server browser.

But now that I think about it I’ve never tried doing that while playing, so when the ddos stops maybe I’ll try it out.

I was unaware that you could close the server browser that way. As far as i can tell, the browser continues running in the background, which slows down the game. I’m not 100% sure how it all works, but I know that I had a rather substantial increase in playability.

I stream everyday with 60FPS flawlessly.

I’m at around 85 average FPS (according to Fraps).

My specs:

Intel i7 3930k OC’d to 4.2GHz (6 Cores, 12 Hyperthreaded)
EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB
16GB 2133MHz Corsair RAM (Don’t remember the model)