Rust idea - Personal notes

I just signed off about a 6 hour session with an idea. This is more directed at people who are actively playing the game.

Originally, I wondered how cool it would be if you could craft paper into a note, which could be filled with a small body of text. These would work like journal pages. You could write a personal “Fuck you, dick” note to be found by the dick who fucked you.

Eventually, (knowing the savage child minds that inhabit the world) the land would be filled with reading material that might at least make you chuckle while you’re personally grinding 1000 gunpowder into your inventory. Or a carefully worded (and signed) congratulation note left in your bases most sensitive area, allowing the person who robbed you to know who he robbed, perhaps inviting him to gloat to that person, which then reveals who did the deed. Or the cat burglar silently leaving a calling card in your crates, post heist. Perhaps someone takes it upon themselves to craft a small treasure hunt, leading the adventurer to a small prize…or turn that hunt into an ambush. Plus, the pages would work well with those little question mark stashes that I haven’t found a good use for yet…

Ordinarily, I don’t bother with idea threads, but the more I got to thinking about it, the more fitting the idea seemed to jive with the world.

/Idea

Haha that would be pretty fun. Great idea hover! I wouldn’t mind being able to post up “Wanted” posters on trees as well. You could type a player’s name into a blank field on the poster and their character image appears on the center. There could also be a text field to type why the outlaw is on your wanted list.

interesting

No trespassing signs, puzzles, short stories of a players turmoil.

Rust - Anne Frank edition.

The 8 pages. That is all.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

NEW RUST IDEA. Everyone has to look through the viewfinder of a camcorder.

everyone has to run from a tall white guy in a suit

then he’ll pop out in front of you and you’ll go “aaaaaa this is so scary i hate white people”

And then it’ll score an emotional crit on him and he dies. Only slenderman drops crafting materials for cars, making it a rare drop.

the point was that slenderman isn’t scary at all and you should feel bad for playing the 8 pages

Some cosmetic items for bases would be pretty cool too add also