Rust Illegal Instruction Error

Hey there. I haven’t played rust since launch (or a little thereafter) so that I could wait for it to update a bit. After I launched it today for the first time in awhile it doesn’t work anymore. I’ve even tried reinstalling my OS, restarting, reinstalling, using different builds, etc. (Not that particular order of course.)

I keep getting this error however:

Anyone have any idea what could be my issue? Sorry I couldn’t find a locale for Rust error logs for something more detailed.

I am running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ @ 2.20GHz, 2 GB DDR1 Corsair Ram, and an Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512Mb VRam.

This is insufficient to run the new version of Rust, and it is also below the minimum specs published on the Steam store page for Rust.

The legacy version is still available, and it’s accessible in the Betas tab of Rust’s properties in Steam.

Thanks for the super-fast reply! That kind of sucks, but is completely understandable. I hold no misconceptions as to how truly terrible my tower is nowadays. I will look into maybe trying the legacy version, but it probably won’t be worth it if I can’t play with my friends.