Rust just won't run properly

hi guys, i’ve bought rust about a week ago now and i have not been able to play it properly up to this day. Whenever i start it i get sick lags, altering the render quality does not change this. the only thing that changes my fps is turning my resolution down to 500 by 250 which is pretty much impossible to play on. these are my laptop’s specs:
MSI GE70 2OE-017US Intel Haswell Quad Core i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz) Processor, 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Matte LED Display, 12GB (8GB + 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Memory, 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive, Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (yes i’m lazy)

i have updated my drivers and all. also, one thing, it’s just with this game and dayz standalone, when i try playing planetside 2 for instance i can run it on ultra settings with smooth fps, anyone knows what might be the issue here?

thanks

desperate robskie :slight_smile:

I managed to sort out my poor fps on my laptop today after I realised that my laptop was defaulting to the integrated graphics chip instead of my video card. To fix this i opened the NVIDIA control panel then went to manage 3d settings ->program settings -> add -> then find the rust.exe on your pc ->open ->changed ‘Use global settings’ to ‘High performance NVIDIA processor’ -> apply and that fixed it for me.