rust launcher error patched windows boot loader detected [3]

How do I fix this?

Is your copy of Windows legit?

Yes. Ive been playing Rust for 8 days.

[editline]13th November 2015[/editline]

windows 7 64 bit I got the disk from amazon.

[editline]13th November 2015[/editline]

So I just went OCD on my play button and it finely launched the game! Im not sure what was wrong but its working now. If I have the same issue again ill post on here.

Yeah this just happened to me. FPS dropped to about 1 every 3 seconds. Restarted and got that error.

Legit Windows 10

any solutions?

Hi,

Could you add me in Steam (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999579793) for checking it quickly via TeamViewer if possible?

I have the same error. This makes me want to face punch facepunch.

Me too i got this just then when trying to play
Rust Launcher Error: FatalError - Patched Windows boot loader detected. [3]
I’m on Windows 10 aswell

Same error here, any ideas yet? Running on a legit copy of Windows 8.1

Could someone add me in Steam Friends? We cannot reproduce it on our machines but would be great to check it quickly and push an update fix. Thanks!

edit: We’re debugging this now, just a moment.

I am having issue have added you as friend

Same thing happened to me

Heres how you fix it - Remove the windows bootloader check. You’re not Microsoft, and that has nothing to do with cheating in the game.

This issue is now fixed. Sorry about that, and thanks for your patience with us! And thanks @Vlku272 for the help over TeamViewer!

If you’d still get the error when running the game, please let me know, thanks.

Except that kernel drivers are how hacks get in undetected. EAC requires Windows’ security model to be intact, that’s all there is to it.

However, seems it was a bug, anyway.

im still getting this issue as well i got windows 10 legit it is happen with rust i have no idea how to fix
message is
Rust Launcher error: launcherFailure -patched windows boot loader detected [3]