Rust not launching through Steam.

I have the following problem.

My Rust wont start through Steam. I see the preparing to launch window, but it just closes after a while and nothing happens.
The Game will run fine when i start it directly from the folder, but i cant join any games because the AntiCheat only launches when the game is started through steam, as far as i know.

I tried alot of stuff. Verify the game cache. Updated all my drivers/windows updates. Disabled AntiVirus/Firewalls. Reinstalled. Moved from HDD to SSD.

Nothing seems to help.

Im happy for any suggestions, that might solve my problem.

Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rust\EasyAntiCheat and run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe as Administrator. Uninstall EAC for Rust.

EXIT Steam (don’t just close), then run C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe as Administrator. Go to play Rust, and you should get the EAC install again, with admin privileges it seems to work.

That did not work for me, but running Rust.exe as Administrator directly from the Rust folder solved the problem. It still crashes when trying to click play from Steam itself.

This doesn’t “solve” the problem, EAC is just not loaded this way.

Cant luanch Rust thru steam none of this works when i try luanch it says next to rust syncing…Any solutions

It’s totally broken after update and you can’t even quit the game!!!

Thanks Fixed My RUST

Same Problem Here. The proposed solution hasn’t solved the problem. Up !

My entire system freezes up when I try to launch rust.

When I try to launch it from steam a message pops up “Rust Launcher Error: Launcher failure - Game Client encountered an application error.”, rest the same, launching not through steam wont start EAC.

guys need help, after the update, no thing work correctly i have this message when i’m lunching rust from Steam.
but when i’m lunching it from the folder clicking Rustclient.exe directly it work but no access for servers ???!!!
chek this message >>>>>

http://orig09.deviantart.net/c4e8/f/2016/099/d/6/sans_titre_by_moharder-d9y9vjq.png