(Rust) Player Mute Options

First, a quick apology in case there are a lot of similar posts out there; I looked and could not find any. Also, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

I just really need to know if there is a command to mute/unmute specific players in global chat. If not, are there plugins that allow me, as admin, to mute (temp and/or perm) w/o forcing my server into the modded category?

This option would really allow me to keep bs to a minimum while keeping the players that just feel like trolling their humble owner/administrator. I feel like warning–>muting–>banning is a more reasonable way of getting my enforced rules across to new players that happen to have Internet Tourette’s after joining my server :stuck_out_tongue:

I have scoured google and have found nothing but plugins and global chat mutes in the search results.

Thank you all so very much and I look forward to an answer (even an insult for a misplaced/redundant/slightly stupid post).

-The.Tylko

afaik, the only option at this stage without plugins is to turn off chat on your own client; mute would be a very useful admin power.

as for plugins, i’m under the impression there are some out there, but don’t have any suggestions.

You can mute/unmute single player via console (text or/and speech)… you can use rustadmin is more simple, right click on a player and choose in the menu.

global.mutevoice steamID
global.unmutevoice steamID
global.mutechat steamID
global.unmutechat steamID