Rust ran great on Windows 10 until an hour ago, now crashes at Shader Warmer.

I’ve been playing Rust on Windows 10 since it was released publicly at 1920x1080 res, with fantastic graphic settings with no issues until about an hour ago.

I don’t know if this is pertinent, but before this issue I was playing on my regular server and was shot. I stayed in a wounded state and was unable to commit suicide via the console, and randomly it would flash and say I was entering the game and I went back to my wounded state. One instance I was wounded, but standing and the admin couldn’t do anything, said it just showed a dead body. Thinking it was my PC, I rebooted and that’s when I encountered the crash at the Shader Warmer issue. Now whenever I launch Rust with my normal settings and try and join a server is stalls at Shader Warmup and then crashes shortly after. Haven’t been able to play (while enjoying it) since.

I have checked the local files integrity and deleted and reinstalled the game with no luck, along with several reboots. I have tried setting the compatibility to Windows Vista, 7 and 8 while lowering resolution and the graphics down to fastest and it launches and lets me join a server but I experience severe lag. I am unable to open doors with the E key and have to hold it and click open, chests take forever to open, turning is horrible and I get turned around and it’s just incredibly choppy in general. This happens on multiple servers. Nothing has worked.

Has anyone seen this issue or have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

I have the exact problem and still dont know how to fix it :frowning: But i bought the game 2 minutes before you posted this.

Some things that I do when Rust becomes buggy is to restart your system (wich you tried) and reinstalling the game after wiping the entire directory (not just delete the game from steam). Lucky for us Rust is only 1.5gb and reinstalling goes fairly quickly.

Other then that i’m afraid not knowing how to help you since you don’t post any logs or anything.

Thanks for trying to help i will delete my whole entire rust file now :slight_smile:

I’ve tried it and it still doesnt work but now it doesnt straight up crash but it is not responding for about 10-20 seconds then crashes