rust startup eror

when i open rust and it shows the facepunch studios sign and it just sits there and nothing happpens

bump

Post your system specs. CPU, RAM, video card, please.

Hey! I’m advertising my rust server this is the IP- 173.199.72.106:28036 - The server has 5 admins all ready to help you guys have a better time on our server, we made this server so that the community is in control of the server, the five admins and i decided that we would not reset the server unless the community asks us too and this means more than one person requesting that we do it. The server is also up 24/7 and It would be nice too see people on the server and play with them ect because this is the community’s server! This is your server! This is our server! server name is -Clusters Rust server (vanilla, PvP, no resets, fresh!) UK!•

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
AMD Athlon™II X2 215 2.70 GHz
8.00 GB Ram

I’d like you to go into Control Panel, and then into Programs and Features, and find .NET Framework 4.5. If you don’t have it, install it.

If it’s there, repair it and reboot. If Rust still doesn’t get past that screen, uninstall it, reboot, and then download and install it from the link above.

That didn’t work

What version is your graphics driver? (xxx.xx)

GeForce 337.88

[editline]1st June 2014[/editline]

or this 9.18.13.3523

uh

If it’s 337.88 that second number shouldn’t be ending with 3.3523 (335.23) because those files are from a release 10 weeks before 337.88.

Tell me exactly what number you’re seeing the 9.18.13.3523 come up in? It may be no big deal, but it might be the whole problem if your drivers are half-updated, half old.

how do i do that

Tell me exactly where you found these two numbers. If it’s easier, just take a screenshot of the Nvidia control panel showing the driver versions and post it to imgur.

i found the geForce 337,88 from the nvidia control panel
and the 9.18.13,3523 from the device manager in the system section of the control panel

Okay, the Nvidia control panel is what I primarily care about; if 337.88 installed happily without replacing everything from 335.23, maybe Nvidia designed it that way. I don’t have an Nvidia card myself so I can’t tell.

Anyway, so you’ve got the latest drivers according to Nvidia’s control panel, at least, so we can probably leave that alone for now.

Let’s try reinstalling DirectX in case there’s something wrong with it. Use this, it’ll only download what it needs. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

It may tell you you’re fine and offer a repair option, choose that. If it just doesn’t want to install anything and says you’re fine, well, that’s okay.

said no need since its already installed