Rust Survival Guide - from extreme basic to base design and raiding tactics - No video.

The Grinning Studios Rust Survival Guide is nearing completion. This guide is dedicated to the new player, who wants to learn how to play the game while they are downloading, or for those pro’s who want some extra tips and tricks. I was going to do video, but my wife and baby daughter have taken up daytime residence in my computer room, making recording, and editing too much of a hassle right now.

This guide has 4 sections - and a bonus 5th section. :slight_smile:

Extreme Basics: Where to even start after you have just downloaded the game.
Basics: You’re in the game, now what? What are you supposed to do?
Advanced Survival: The actual game mechanics, Base design, defense and raiding.
Bug’s, fixes and work-arounds: Things to watch out for and prevent from being the victim of and possible fixes for game crashes and bugs you may have.

The idea of this guide is to help the newbie player, like a manual, without getting too complicated. The wiki’s are nice, but wading through all that information and trying to figure out what is important and what isn’t, can be best left for the veteran players. Though, veteran players may also find some useful information in this guide. Tips and tricks, you know, the kind of stuff that makes you say, “why didn’t I think of that?”

Feel free to tell me how my guide stacks up? And if you are a new player who has used my guide, I’d really like to know if it was as helpful as I hope it is.

http://rust.grinningstudios.com