Rust, System Requirement?

Well i have bought a key and the Alpha is not working for me.
I’m running
2GB RAM DDR2 800Mhz Kingston
2.40Ghz x2 Dual Core AMD Athlon
nVidia GeForce9400GT 512MB
Windows 7 32-Bit (Not sure if i install 64-Bit will that make my performance faster o.O)

So i putted the Skin on Windows Classic, closed out all running applications Including explorer.exe
Tried with Firefox and Chrome, still no response. Downloads everything but Crashes after it downloads.

Is there a way to change the Graphics Quality (Before going in game?)
Hope they Optimize the game nicely, when it’s released on Steam. (Can’t wait xD)

Well hope anyone helps, thank you in Advance.
Painkiller

You could probably get around 20fps because of the unoptimized state it is in right now. But when the steam client comes out (few days) then you should be running good :slight_smile:

• You could alther the settings (awesome settings, AA settings, resolution, grass.on false)

Not sure if 2 GB’s is enough right now, though you can try installing Opera and setting on it to use Nvidia card (if you have integrated). This could help you a little :confused:

Alright will try, I do appreciate the replies
@creapaste24 and @BushElito.

Thank you :slight_smile:

[editline]29th October 2013[/editline]

Error occurred at 2013-10-29_101018.
C:\Program Files\Opera\17.0.1241.53\opera.exe, run by Painkiller.
92% memory in use.
2048 MB physical memory [146 MB free].
4095 MB paging file [991 MB free].
2048 MB user address space [101 MB free].
Read from location 00000031 caused an access violation.

Well tried most of the stuff, any more solutions?
But still appreciate the help guys… ^^

I got 32 GB RAm on my Mac Pro and it’s not running either.

But on my Macbook Pr with just 8 GM it runs fine if I boot Windows 7 in Bootcamp.

I could be totally wrong here, but it seems like I read somewhere that it requires 64 bit…

Don’t think 2GB is enough tbh, my specs are:

Intel i5 3.4Ghz,
6GB DDR3 samsung ram,
Ati Radeon 5750HD graphisc card
windows 7 64bit

Even with these specs i have the game taking up a full 2.5 GB ram and it still manages to crash the webplayer for a few seconds.

Wait a min. I’m still half asleep but, yeah, it’s a 64 bit program so I’m gonna say you’ll need a 64 bit operating system to run it. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Your best would be to go out and buy more ram… dont know where you live but in london, UK a 4gb ram costs £25 thats a DDr3 laptop ram… i bought it from pc world/currys for £25 for my dell studio 17 to increase its ram from 4gb to 6gb. Changing rams is not as hard as you might think. Thats the safest option i would say in my view.

I’m computer technician. If your windows isn’t bloated with shit, the game will run very good even in an old config IF you have a somewhat good video card.

I have 2GB memory. Core I5 first version. GTX660.

Windows 7 Edition Familiale Premium ‎(X64)‎ Service Pack 1
Processeur
AMD K140 Cadencé à 1.40 GHz
Nombre de coeurs: 2 physic(s), 2 logic(s)
Socket: Socket FT1 BGA
Motherboard
AMD Renmore Base Board Version
Chipset
AMD A40/A50 Series FCH
Memory
ram bar Samsung of 4 Gb
Graphic Card
AMD Radeon HD 7310M

Can’t play AT ALL, fml?

[editline]29th October 2013[/editline]

Some of these are in french, sorry about that.

It isn’t a good time to play right now, since the latest patch is causing low fps.

For web player you’ll need 4GB RAM minimum and probably a 64-bit browser to allow the browser to use more then 2GB of RAM.

Web version of Rust currently uses 2.5GB RAM. Most of your crashes and not-launching problems are from this.

i bought the key, but i cant run the game, after 100% downloading i have unity player crash. all times.
anybody know exact system requirements?
i have:

System:
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, count: 2
Physical RAM: 3327 MB
Addressable RAM: 2048 MB

D3D9:
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
VendorID: 1002
Driver: aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1191
VRAM: 1010 (via DXGI)

OpenGL:
Version: 4.2.12217 Compatibility Profile Context 12.104.0.0
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Driver: RDPDD, version 4456530.4456528.68.150994953
VRAM: 1010 (via DXGI)
Extensions: skipped

Before the patch I could play smoothly,without any lags or anything and i have 2GB of ram. So, my guess is it’s the RAM,but the patch fucks it up.

Addressable RAM: 2048 MB <= There’s your problem. You need 2.5GB for the game. Wait for Steam release.

Before the (map) update it required 1.5GB.

okey, i see. thanks.
hope i will able to run this crzy game sometime. i seen very fun video on youtube lol

Then why friend cant join the game? He has the same issues,although he has 4GB of ram.
Hm?

i have 4gb too, but addresable is only 2gb