Rust won't launch from Steam. Launching the game from files works, until EAC disconnect. Please help!

Yesterday I was playing rust just fine until the internet went out in my house (due to weather). I booted it back up just fine but when I went to launch Rust back up from Steam nothing would happen. It would say Rust is running in both steam and my processes but I would never see the application. If I waited about a few mins it would eventually pop up saying “Rust Launcher Error: LauncherNetworkError - Error establishing SSL connection with the server!”. I did some digging and found a bunch of possible “fixes”. From re-installing my game and my steam client to uninstalling Easy Anti-Cheat and re-installing it. At this point I have spent a good 8 hours trying to fix this problem. Not really sure where to go from here. I have no background apps or firewalls conflicting with it either. Any solutions to this problem would be much appreciated!

Intel i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz
16 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
GTX 780

figured out the problem. Changed a few settings on my router and it worked!

just for other people who might stumble upon this thread, can you add the actual settings you tweaked?:wink: