Rust won't start through steam

Let’s start with the problem first:

When I try to launch rust through steam I get the next error - RUST LAUNCH ERROR: LOADINGERROR - STARTSERVICE FAILED (1058). The next thing I do is run rust through the client, which works, but then I can’t join any servers. ( Disconnected:eac:unconnected )

What I have done:

I have uninstalled rust, reinstalled it, verified, flushed steam. Tried turning it on and of again, to no avail.

Please please help ! I want to play rust again !

Thanks in advance for any help

Run Rust.exe as administrator and see what happens.

Running RustClient.exe directly bypasses EasyAntiCheat from loading, and that’s why you don’t see servers and get kicked if you try and join secured servers.

Also, are you running an antivirus? If so, what is it?

I tried that. Did not work. My anti virus is mcAfee.

Try disabling McAfee and then run (Steam folder)\steamapps\common\rust\EasyAntiCheat\EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe as administrator.

I went and installed easyanticheat as an administrator directly from the rust folder (programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/rust/easyanticheat).

I can now run rust through steam again. It may have been that EAC never installed correctly, or some kind of error sneaked in.

But it is working now.

Thanks

and thanks to
http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1451476&highlight=Rust+won%27t+start+steam