Rust won't use my dedicated graphic card

I have been playing Rust for quite a while now and never had any problems until now. I have a NVidia GeForce 840m with 2GB VRAM (laptop) and the Intel Integrated graphic card. I used to play both legacy version and the new one with excellent graphic quality and pretty good FPS. A few updates ago it all changed with the new version. Whenever I try to open the game through Steam it uses my integrated graphics card instead of the dedicated.
Opening the game through Steam, then pressing F1 and going to “System Information” I get this:

It says that I’m using Integrated HD Graphics 4600 with only 896mb.
Otherwise, if I open the game directly from the folder (right click on RustClient.exe and going to open with graphic processor, then choosing NVidia high performance etc) I can successfully open the game with the dedicated graphic card, but I’m not able to join any servers, since it won’t start EAC along with the game. Additionally, I know that I should open rust.exe instead, because it starts EAC and then I’ll be able to join servers, but even if I do the same process (right click -> open with processor -> nvidia high performance) it says that I’m using the integrated graphics card. Here a screenshot when I open it directly through the RustClient.exe:

Now it’s using the dedicated graphics card. Anyway, I have been trying to play in the “Simple” graphic quality while using the Integrated Graphics Card and I have been getting an average of 20~30 FPS, which is awful, not just due to the FPS count, but mostly due to the graphic quality.

So, I have tried:

1 - Setting Rust.exe, RustClient.exe and Steam.exe to use the dedicated graphics card on NVidia 3D Panel thing. Didn’t work, it just opens with the integrated instead.
2 - Setting the global graphic processor to the dedicated graphics card (840m). It didn’t work with Rust, but now every shit thing I open (browsers, players, etc.) is using the 840m.
3 - Disabling the Integrated graphics card on Device Manager. Didn’t work, when I open the game with it disabled, something called Microsoft Basic Renderer is used instead of the dedicated, giving me 4 FPS while I’m on the menu.
3+(1/2) - Changing the RequiredAppInit thing on the register, this one I couldn’t achieve since I don’t have any of the registers needed by the fix. It requires at least 1 DWORD key and I don’t have any.

I’m not willing to change my BIOS in order to play Rust. I do play other games on the same laptop and never had similar problem with any of them. I leave my Steam profile link, since I’m online almost 24/7 and looking for people that might help me: My profile

PS.: I have the most recent drivers installed.

Grab NvidiaInspector, create a profile for Rust, and make sure Shim Rendering is set to “SHIM_RENDERING_OPTIONS_DEFAULT_RENDERING_MODE”.

This may not work anymore but it should force the system to use your 840M. Unity games love glomming onto Intel integrated graphics for some reason.

Jesus Christ, people. Learn to disable integrated hardware. It’s less hit-and-miss.

Please, No Quarter, fill us in on the complete steps on how to bypass this, assuming you, you know, read that far and know what OP missed disabling.

I’m not sure I have done it correctly, but I did create a profile for Rust and the Shim mode was already set to that. But it didn’t work. I might as well just wait and see. Who knows… Some updates ago I was playing fine, perhaps a few updates from now it will be fine again.

Messing with the Registry when you don’t know what you’re doing is risky, but just FYI, you can right-click on the right-hand pane to create any type of Registry key you want, including DWORD. If the registry key is missing, that’s probably a large part of the problem, so create it in the right place and set its value according to the steps you were following.

Correct way for adapting a new hardware setup:

1a. Uninstall original drivers for target active hardware. Meaning the nVidia/ATi drivers. This is essential.
1b. Turn computer off or reboot depending on situation.
2. Disable/remove old hardware (disabling in BIOS if integrated, but Device Manager should work as well.)
3a. Plug in/install/mount new hardware (if it’s not already).
3b. Plug cables/connections to new device.
3c. Turn 'puter back on.
4. Install appropriate/updated drivers once again.

Otherwise, it’ll keep looking to implement the original hardware profile, find it doesn’t fit and will just default to something generic rather than magically fix it.