RustWeb - The web plugin and map generator for Rust

If you liked generating map images with “Rust Map”, you’ll certainly love this:

RustWeb extends any Rust experimental server with a lightweight webserver running on your server’s ip and port, which provides a lot of useful information about your server and allows players to locate themselves on the map. Additionally, it comes with the utility required to generate a top-down 2D map image of your server.

https://raw.github.com/dcodeIO/RustWeb/master/screenshot.jpg

Feel free to post your suggestions and comments! :slight_smile:

nice, so it displays the monuments, rad buildings too now?

It’s amazing what a community full of passion for a game can make in such a short time. This is why I can’t wait for Rust to be on Steam Workshop.

Just install the last update on my server and im getting this error:

6:05 PM [Info] Starting RustWeb 1.1.1, serving from ‘C:\TCAFiles\Users\CarlosH\38378\Release\server\vserver\oxide\www’ …
6:05 PM [Error] RustWeb error: Failed to parse C:\TCAFiles\Users\CarlosH\38378\Release\server\vserver\oxide\data\rustweb\friends (JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.)
6:05 PM [Debug] at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at dcodeIO.RustWeb.RustWeb.LoadDataFile[JObject] (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
6:05 PM [Error] RustWeb error: Failed to parse C:\TCAFiles\Users\CarlosH\38378\Release\server\vserver\oxide\data\rustweb\sessions (JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.)
6:05 PM [Debug] at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at dcodeIO.RustWeb.RustWeb.LoadDataFile[JObject] (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
6:05 PM [Error] RustWeb error: Failed to parse C:\TCAFiles\Users\CarlosH\38378\Release\server\vserver\oxide\data\rustweb
ames (JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.)
6:05 PM [Error] RustWeb error: Failed to parse C:\TCAFiles\Users\CarlosH\38378\Release\server\vserver\oxide\data\rustweb\recent (JsonReaderException: Error reading JArray from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.)
6:05 PM [Debug] at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Load (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Parse (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at dcodeIO.RustWeb.RustWeb.LoadDataFile[JArray] (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This happens for fresh installs atm, but it is harmless.

ok thanks

Allies… Is that a Steam feature or another Oxide plugin?

This is integrated into the extension. Other players may share their location with you and vice versa, so that it’s easy to find each other etc.

Hey dcodeIO, is it possible to change the “RustWeb” handler in chat?

do us a favor and make a new post in the thread rather than edit the OP;)

otherwise the older comments like mine stop making sense:)

Is it possible to hide player built structures on the map?

Yes, there is a configuration option for that.

It seems like triangle foundations doesn’t show up on the map.

You missed my question? please reply once you have time, thank you.

What happened to the thread on rustoxide? Why was it removed? Is this working again since the rust updates?

Is there anyway I can overlay “zones” on the map (as the owner of the server). Like I want to label the different areas so that the players on my server have a common name for an area. In the same vein I would like to label an island on my map as the “arena” island so that people know not to bother going there.

PS I’m a software engineer and I’ve got a decent bit of css knowledge so if modifying the css is a good solution I’m hoping you have some ideas on how to do it so that updates don’t break the modifications I make.

Where would I find said configuration? (I know nothing about coding though I can read it to some minor extent if given examples on what to look for.)

Theres no coding involved, edit config.json “displayBuildings” : true,

They changed the structure of their downloadable content, and it seems that the thread got lost in the process unfortunately.

I’m still getting authentication popups even after correctly editing the config file to match with the documentation, any tips? Or is this a known issue.