S&box API Website

Main website

(I tried to embed a second screenshot of the game mode info page, but since I’m a new user, I can only embed one)

Hi all,

After reading through the dev notes & watching people stream the game on Discord, I thought it would be fun to quickly create a website that pulls from the S&box API to retrieve an up-to-date list of the game modes.

The site pulls directly from the API, hence the spelling error of ‘Most Ppular’ which I can’t fix :P. Currently, only the two endpoints detailed in the first dev preview are used by the site - the first one to retrieve a list of game modes, and the second to provide more info.

I’m aware that this will become 100% obsolete when the game releases, but I just thought it would be a nice thing for people to have while we wait.

You can access the site here.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - if anybody has any suggestions for changes, fixes, etc I can add you to the GitHub repo. It’s a super basic Typescript React app using styled-components and axios for the requests.

31 Likes

“what its like to have a key” simulator. love it

5 Likes

Strafe Speedruns sounds like Bunnyhop

-SNIPPED THE TYPO WAS MENTIONED IN THE OP!! GOTTA LEARN TO READ :frowning: -

2 Likes

Postman_qOr9AfW5XK

Mentioned this in the post - the titles are also pulled from the API, so I can’t do anything to fix it, other than manually changing it

1 Like

I literally can’t read, you’re right

Another endpoint to add
http://apix.facepunch.com/api/sbox/asset/find?type=map
the type can be map or gamemode

Also there is currently no website or Twitter on addons or orgs accessible to change.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up about the other endpoint - helped me get a better grasp of how the API is structured. I’ve refactored the code behind the website to now use the /asset/find and /asset/get endpoints much more effectively. Maps & game modes are now available on new pages via the navbar.

2 Likes

Need to keep it authentic, the no-image modes should have the error texture

6 Likes

Ahahah great idea, added :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done, this site is very functional for something you just whipped together.

2 Likes

Nice, I like it. Is there a known API yet for player counts? Would be cool to have those as well.

This is great, forgot I set a description for my map. Can’t see that in the official api.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’d love to have player counts as well - unfortunately, only the two APIs Garry & the one from @rtm516 have posted are the only ones I know of right now. Whenever more are released/made known to me, I’ll certainly update the website.

Also, thanks @trundler :slight_smile:

1 Like

I beleve player counts and active games are supplied by steam so you would have to query their api for that.

Ohh nice, I see my map :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @astrojaxx since I’ve noticed you update the site, a little changelog would be neat to see :smiley:

A changelog was added with the update - I had a version of the site with the changelog accessible via the navbar, however, I didn’t want people to click on it thinking it was going to be s&box changes :slight_smile:

Do you think it should be added back to the navbar?

Maybe in the footer? or when you click the version number.

1 Like

Updated! You can now click on the version number in the header to navigate to the changelog.

1 Like

Love it, great :smiley:

1 Like