S&Box Beta City17 Aesthetics Map + Desert Map

Hello everyone! I’ve been working on a few maps for HLA and I’m planning on porting it to S&Box. Both maps for now don’t have a proper deathmatch layout (since the main idea was to make a detailed explorable area with good atmosphere, similar to Gmod sandbox maps), but I will probably edit the layout so it fits the deatmatch mode as well.
The first one is a map inspired by the Beta version of City 17 from Half Life 2 (the 2001 version). I’ve been using a lot of old concept arts to give me ideas. If you have any feedback/ideas please let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts! (the map is still work in progress)

For the second map im using cut content from my Half Life Alyx map “Cave Exploration”. This area was cut because I wouldn’t have time to polish it in order to submit it to a mapping competition I wanted to participate (which was worth it because I got first place).

There isn’t too much to show from the desert map other than certain areas that i think look good, but i would love to know what you think about those. Since the desert map is “cleaner” (there arent that many props around the map), I think it would be a good candidate for a deathmatch map (or team deathmatch if possible).
Both maps are still work in progress. And again, if you have any suggestions I would appreciate if you could tell me.
Hopefully I can port both of the maps to S&Box and continue to upgrade them. I’m really excited!

66 Likes

Glad your back into modding!

3 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

These maps look amazing dude :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey man, your maps are looking dope. I would love if you would work with us (Eagle one) in the future on maps/compaigns for sbox :slight_smile:, hit me with a pm if you’re interested

3 Likes

Desert map looks absolutely stunning. The lighting on the third image looks like something out of a AAA game. Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the feedback! Just out of curiosity, the third image you’ve mentioned is the third one from the desert map or the third one from the city17 one?

Nice job on those maps! Hope to see them in S&Box…

1 Like

Third from the desert one, the last image.

1 Like

Oh I see, again, thanks a lot! Do you think it would be a good idea to add volumetric lights in that area? I usually dont use them TOO much, but maybe it would work in this specific situation.

Great job, as always. It’s amazing what you can do at Source 2.

1 Like

the beta styled map is great, the desert map just kinda feels a bit off in the more outside areas. i’d love that beta map to become an actual mod for hla though, it’s really good

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, what do you think I can do to make the outside areas a bit more polished?

Indeed! I was really impressed how Hla looked photorealistic the first time I played it. Thanks for the feedback!

good job man

1 Like

I love the atmosphere. Congratulations! :wave:

1 Like

cant wait to download these when s&box comes out

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! Awesome work!

1 Like

nice

1 Like