S&box Console?

I know this may sound very stupid (just like me)
Would you guys like a S&box port to Ps5 and xbox series x/s.

2 Likes

no

8 Likes

No, I don’t see the interest

4 Likes

Well Say if my friends want to play with me and they dont have a pc

2 Likes

No not really, having to make addons cross-compatible with another input method sounds like a chore and I don’t think Microsoft or Sony would be happy with this kind of user generated content either, especially the part where you can run code through it.

5 Likes

yeah probs

2 Likes

what if console gamemodes and mods are linked with the ones on PC
take vrchat for example I know its a different game but on the oculus quest its scaled down a lot but on pc it is way better.

2 Likes

No, there’s no incentive. Oculus Quest shared same controls as PC version, console does not share same control type as PC. There’s no point because noone on console will be able to play anything made for PC. I’m sorry, just not realistic.

5 Likes

The entire point of s&box is to make games. Considering Sony won’t even let Skyrim mods have custom textures, I highly doubt they would want it.

Don’t forget that hammer, model doc, and all the other tools are the other half of s&box. They won’t work on a console…

4 Likes

I mean don’t get me wrong the idea is cool.

However with the fact facepunch isn’t even going to support mac or linux clients I have no doubt at all this will never happen. In addition to the fact that most consoles are hard to get software onto (without going through the proper channels which are normally filled with red tape) it would be so painful for the individual to do there would be zero market even if Facepunch did decide to do it.

2 Likes

I already have a hard time imagining players playing S&Box or Garry’s Mod on a console (no matter the generation). And then there would be a lot of problems with cross-platform and mod compatibility as said above.

2 Likes

I just don’t see S&box work as a console game.

3 Likes

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA08010_00-DREAMS0000000000

3 Likes

Yeah maybe a console version port is not good

2 Likes