S&box Conversation

Guys, what do you expect from S&Box at all, what it will be like and people will be drawn from Garry’s mod? I would like to hear your opinion.

What do you think will happen to S&Box?

2 Likes

I have no evidence to prove this but I feel as though it is very likely to explode in much the same way Garry’s Mod did. I don’t immediately expect the majority of Garry’s Mod players to be drawn to it but the quality and potential of s&box will very likely draw lots of new people into the Sandbox genre.

4 Likes

It will be a dream haha! From videos it will be the same physics and goal than gmod but with amazing graphics since it is made on Soruce 2. Just look at people maps on this forum! I think every gamemodes will be amazing and I can’t wait for official cars!

2 Likes

I completely agree with you, I’m surprised by new things every day, it’s a pity it wasn’t so in Gmod :laughing: :laughing: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I hope it will explode again like Garry’s Mod or Minecraft but I am also afraid that the gaming landscape has changed too much.
If you look at CSGO with its 1 million players, how many even care about custom servers and gamemodes? Less than 10%. They rest just wants to be spoon fed new content by Valve instead of looking for what the community has to offer for free.

2 Likes

I think it will draw in more game devs than gmod ever did, it certainly drew me in, ever since I heard about it a few months ago.

1 Like

I my self was interested in mapping and programming, that you can create something interesting!

1 Like

Why so generic?

I think s&box has all the chances to become another plane of existence, an extension to our own. A place where human mind transcends beyond.

1 Like

All the things I wanted Gmod to be and have are already in S&box, so I can’t wait to see it grow.

I hope vehicle build mods become more prevalent, SpaceBuild, Naval Play, Harbour RP, TrainBuild, the new “actual weld” looks awesome to make solid vehicles, same with the localized physics that allows you to stay on a moving prop without flying away or phasing through a wall.

2 Likes

Garry’s Mod is definitely a classic game and I’m sure a lot of people will stick with it. S&Box I feel will have a lot of cool features but will lack the nostalgia that Garry’s Mod has. The addons are gonna be a big factor and without out the massive amount of addons on the workshop S&Box will start off a little slower I feel.

1 Like

yeah, the addons will be a big part of the game at the start but i think that with so many different places to upload files from is a neat way to share stuff everywhere and I think it’ll grow the addon stuff even more than gmod’s, not to mention the cool dev site, and gamemodes being written in c#

2 Likes

Yeah lets hope that addons on the gmod workshop can be ported over into S&Box. I am gonna miss my media players lol.

1 Like

Unless a team of people put a large amount of effort to recreate garrys mod in s&box, addons are going to have to be recreated.

I’m actually looking forward to that, gmod has been stagnant for quite a few years now.

3 Likes

I expect S&box to be pretty much Roblox 2.0.

5 Likes

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA lol! To sit down, pay $ 999 :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

i think that’s what they want it to be

1 Like