S&box For Xbox Series x and Playstation 5?

Hello do you guys think that if s&box gets so popular it goes to playstation 5 and Xbox series x/s of cource it wont be able to run on xbox one and ps4. Just like how rust did. But I rather have crossplay with ps5, xbox and pc.

I think it’s too early to think about it since the game isn’t actually out for PC yet.

2 Likes

Can source 2 even run in consoles?

3 Likes

Steam Deck

2 Likes

Half-life Alyx works then s&box can too.

2 Likes

The controller options are there, just don’t expect all gamemodes to work, you need to sort the gamemodes by Controller Support.

2 Likes

Dota Underlords is a Source 2 engine game and it’s on smartphones, so, I don’t see a reason why couldn’t Source2 work on consoles too.

2 Likes

I heard that Sony don’t allow user created code for games on playstation and you are talking about a game that uses modding as its main idea. Even if there will be a console version, I assume it will be completely different.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if that would be possible, as the game is much less fenced in than other console games (allowing tons of user content with no real quality check), not to mention the performance would be hard to manage since there isn’t a set limit on how many props you can spawn, maybe someday there would be an extremely stripped down version of it on console, but it honestly seems quite unrealistic

also I’m sure there have been countless requests for gmod on console, and likely for those same reasons it hasn’t made its way to console, hope this does a good job of (maybe) answering your question :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the main reason! If S&box doesn’t handle the content theft issue ( which is hard in a community of modding ) then like roblox minecraft ect. it won’t be allowed unless it’s a stand alone thing without user/created gamemodes or only heavily auditioned game modes that are to public / legal standard.

For example assBlasterRP with the Elmo player Model probably wouldn’t make the cut in the console version.
It would be a huge win if s&box made it onto consoles but that’s probably like 5 years away. Theirs to much of a todo list. :pizza:

3 Likes

Source 2 isn’t the issue but C# would be one. Plus consoles are walled gardens that want to curate everything so modding to the level S&box allows may not be something they would approve on console.

3 Likes