S&box Tower?

Do you all think that somebody will try and recreate the old days of Gmod Tower? I get that those devs are doing their own thing, but Gmod Tower just had a sort of… magic to it that I hope could be recaptured in S&box.

2 Likes

Yes. I guarantee you 100% somebody will try.

1 Like
1 Like

that’s my plan, kinda. my gmod servers/gamemode were heavily based off of gmod tower

1 Like

Aww man, just saw some gameplay from your server/gamemode. I regret not seeing it sooner while it was active, it looks like a fun experience!

2 Likes

The magic to it was that it was a Garry’s Mod gamemode. For what it did, and for the time it came out, it seemed like something truly incredible. So it’s obvious that its standalone counterpart is not as impressive or magical, because with the powerful technology it uses, it doesn’t seem nearly as impressive anymore.

That’s why I think people should not focus as much on trying to re-create experiences from Garry’s Mod, because chances are it will never feel like you’d hope it would. Should you go out and make a Gmod Tower inspired gamemode, make it the best it can be, not how you nostalgically remember it.

1 Like

I mean, I do agree, but I do think Tower Unite would do well if it even could handle a large number of players, it has lagging issues, and it’s still early access. Not to mention that they are kinda slow with updates so people easily get bored, and the game doesn’t even take place inside Tower like GMT did so that mildly disappointing.

Honestly personally me at least by this point, I want Tower Unite alternative, not really an exact replica of GMT.

1 Like

im sure if they do, the people who own tower unite will go after it cause someone was making a project i think on garrys mod and they took it down

1 Like

Just don’t call it gmod tower and there’s nothing they can do… it’s the same gameplay as PSHome anyways.

2 Likes

Whoever does better make sure to not use any sort of assets from GMod Tower.

From experience, trying to make any sort of revival or remake of GMod Tower gets the lead developer (MacDGuy) all over your ass.

(RIP GMod Tower: Deluxe :slightly_frowning_face:)

2 Likes

PSHome, damn. That’s a throwback

2 Likes