S&box TTT

sbox_ttt_logo_red_256 s&box TTT - In developement!

We are happy to announce that TTT for s&box is under development. Our goal is to bring TTT to the next level by using the technical gifts s&box provides and make improvements to the gameplay and general UX. We also aim for good modularity, so that for example the shop items can be expanded in the best way. The original gamemode is from Bad King.

UPDATE: This project and team has been merged with the TTT Reborn project!

The team:

Current state

• Code: We started work on the code, we mainly used the currently three available repos to get basic knowledge and to copy some rudimentary snippets into our code. Of course we can’t run our code at the moment since we do not have access yet, but things like round logic, roles and karma are already implemented as best as possible. We hope to get early access soon to further boost the development.
  • UI: We figured out a style and made a couple of mockups. Also we started to create SCSS/HTML versions of them, we are happy to share their current state with you:
    -Shop:

-Scoreboard:

These have been strongly build using display: flex and other modern CSS attributes, we are pretty curious how much needs to be tweaked when porting it into s&box. We will report every of difference and also add this to the list of then (currently) unsupported properties.

We will update this post, share insights and keep you updated as soon as there is more. We love to hear your feedback and suggestions for the new trouble in terrorist town. We will share details on how to contribute, especially in the content creation and mapping, as soon as possible!

Cya!

37 Likes

Looks great, love the icons and UI

3 Likes

Just my personal opinion, but I feel like the icons are a bit too clean and simplistic. Maybe some color or detail would be nice?

2 Likes

I cannot play the video

2 Likes

Wow, looks like a cool mod, I will be following as the development progresses :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s just a screenshot of a previously existing s&box showcase video with the UI overlayed on top.

1 Like

It’s inevitable that Garry’s Mod modes will be ported over, having said that, how do you plan on expanding on TTT and stand out from the other people who want to recreate it ?

3 Likes

The UI looks nice, would be nice to see some unique game mechanics so the gamemode is not that stale.
Good luck with your project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our focus is to provide a relatively classic TTT experience with improved UI & UX.
An idea we are toying with that is yet to be tested is gadgets that are priced differently (not everything is 1 credit) to provide more opportunities for varied gameplay.

3 Likes

Fair enough, good luck with your project :+1:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t Bad King be making TTT

21 Likes

I’d be down to have him make it but I don’t know whether he is active or not. I’m just a fan of TTT so I figured I’d lead the charge on this project.

Edit: I have contact BKU in regards to this. I would love to hear his input and see if he is interested.

3 Likes

whoever makes ttt in sandbox please for the love of god make it easy for people to change their keybinds.

I hated how in gmod the weapon slots were hardcoded soo you had to change the slots in gmod itself making people like me needing to have 2 different configs, one for ttt weapon slots and one for the rest of the gamemodes with standard slot order

1 Like

whoever makes ttt in sandbox please for the love of god make a better UI than that

1 Like

I would love to be able to allow players to change their keybinds, although this would depend on how sandbox handles keybinds and if the gamemode can access them and such. We can definitely have commands and have the player bind them to specific keys, but it all depends on how it is handled on sandbox’s end.

1 Like

Make sure to give credit to Bad King and to give him a heads up, I wonder if he’s on the forums.

@BadKingUrgrain-legacy (Dead account ofc)

5 Likes

As much as I’d love to see TTT in S&box, Garry’s right, I think it’s best to see if Bad King wants to make it. Maybe see if you can contact them.

1 Like

If the Bad King has the opportunity, then you can gladly give him a chance, consult. Otherwise, I wish you the maximum green color

2 Likes

I have reached out to BKU on Steam in an attempt to gauge his interest in the project.
I will post updates as the situation develops.

5 Likes

Simple and pretty. Good :sunglasses:

2 Likes