S&box WAYWO April 2021

Just getting into rendering, already made a donut and looking forward to making playermodels in the near future!

3 Likes

I made and updated this GMOD gamemode a while ago. It was quite a bit of struggle when it came to UI since I decided to go with the dated awesomium build in GMOD for everything but HUD, and oh my god i can’t wait to use C# over LUA.

3 Likes

Made some more progress on the mines since my last upload, added customs props and did a load of kitbashing. This is all for a gamemode that I’ll be working on with a friend once we can get the game.

10 Likes

Awesome, how did you make the bones? I want to do a Rancor playermodel but I can’t figure out how to do it correctly.

1 Like

gotten further progress with my multiplayer mod now having html/css hud elements, making it more fancy and colourful

4 Likes

well im glad to say here is the teaser for Doom Horizons Multiplayer

8 Likes

I made a bowl hat

3 Likes

This is a fully procedural rail track system. It’s part of a larger set of landscape tools I’m working on. The green curves are controlling the mesh path:

11 Likes

There needs to be a gap whenever trails connect otherwise the train would get derailed. Looks great though.

2 Likes

finally made the gamemode cover art for mod project

4 Likes

working more on ‘shader’ type stuff on this on gmod, and eagerly awaiting being able to do much more than just mess with the colors with s&box.

2 Likes

I recommend using a light blue color grading. Would really make it pop with the s&box style.

1 Like

Working on getting better at map making. I made this one map that I’ve yet to test because I’m impatient and can’t wait for it to compile. How long do maps usually take to compile? I was waiting for hours for my map and didn’t even finish

1 Like

If your map is taking hours to compile, something is wrong. I’m not entirely sure what you should check first but vis is a good place to start. I compiled this in under 10 minutes, 1024 Standard lightmap. However, the map is no larger than 2048x2048x512 units in dimensions and I am using an i9-9900K processor.

Imgur

2 Likes

“You’re doing something wrong…”

“But my map is small and I have a high end processor so my previous point is void”

1 Like

my map is tiny and has one light source
build time has hit 10 hours now
for reference, I’ve got an FX 6300 CPU and an RX 470 4gb GPU

2 Likes

I’m jumping in Hammer so that I’m not just a one-trick pony; jumping in blind of course because I’m also not a pussy.

First up we got my first ever thing created, I called it “gm_skyblock”:

I then took a pause from the hard work, had dinner and then came up with STAIRS:

Now, for my first map I was thinking of something small and easy to create that would use different mechanics to kinda explore everything needed for basics.

So I picked SCP-087, might be the first horror map experience, not sure.

3 Likes

Recent animations, would be cool to work on custom viewmodels for a gamemodes to really make something special :slight_smile:

9 Likes

been working on my film project Star Wars Crusaders
S2FM is just wonderfulm and hopefully with Vmix and Faceposer

2 Likes

How do you get eye posing to work? Are the eyes actually giant sphere hidden inside their heads or is there a way to make eye posing like in source 1?