S&box weekly documentary

So today I got access to the dev preview, and for a while I’ve been interested in all the gamemodes that people are making. I check in on Gvarados’ videos and the Eagle One dev team’s devlogs, but other than that there isn’t much documentation out there about any of the other gamemodes.

My question is, would people be interested in a video series going through the gamemodes and looking around? There’s a lot of them, some good and some bad so I think it’d be a really interesting mixed bag.

1 Like

The only thing I can recommend is to experience the game modes yourself, in order to learn them since documentation is currently limited for those rn.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to have something like that, a place where someone plays every gamemode and rates them, and actually critiques them! Please, if you do this don’t be afraid to shit on some gamemodes, would make for some very interesting content.

Also if you shit enough on a gamemode and the creator updates it / fixes it, they can always tell you to revisit it, that’s a net plus for everyone imo.

If they can’t handle critique oh well.

2 Likes

Well I don’t like to think of myself as a very mean person but I can look at things with a critical eye. Now there is one issue with this whole documenting thing. I have no video making experience and also I’m 15 so I’m not too sure if people would be into it. But yeah It’s definitely something I am thinking of doing after I learn some c#.

1 Like

I think this is a terrible idea right now. After release for sure, but while S&box is still heavily in development just leave the early access developers do their thing.

S&box is not even in Beta, everything is subject to change. There is no reason to write extensive, if any, documentation right now.

1 Like

Well its not exactly documentation, more of just a sneak peek fore people that don’t have access is what I meant. I don’t intend on writing any articles or anything.

1 Like

Again, terrible idea.

The last thing we need is people hyping up a product which is nowhere near ready for release.
All it will do is generate more useless forum posts with people begging for keys or gaining access and then crying about it not being a feature complete game.

2 Likes

Do they have a “get out of critique free” card? I get someone’s first gamemode to test the waters, but some peeps out there have been pushing out some really useless gamemodes, we don’t need 10 S&box forks, 10 DarkRPs, 10 TTT, 100 gamemodes that don’t even work and have clearly not been tested.

Simply put this stemmed from the idea of documenting the early stages of the game, just like OP said, but it’s such a sorry state that I don’t think it can be viewed positively, except for the occasional gem that gets released (getting home drunk my beloved)

1 Like

These are all problems that the dev team are actively thinking about and will eventually build solutions to, it’s just a matter of patience.

Again, this game is not even in Beta, the keys given out currently are purely for testing purposes
so the dev team can focus on identifying features which content creators actually need. Any functional gamemodes made by testers which come out of this process are a bonus, not a given and certainly nothing for the public to ‘view’ yet.

1 Like