S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs Defend a Base

These are my first serious screenshots.
Feedback please.

and here’s a Battlefield/Call of Duty looking picture:

The finger posing on the models were really wonky, so I tried to do my best.

It’s kinda hard to tell what’s going on, posing is good but the actual models could be placed in better positions, is this a scenebuild?

Also, try not to use such harsh bloom and DOF

the blur is too heavy, the angles leave lots of empty spots and you could have used some fingerposing, if the models can be fingerposed that is. oh and the bloom in the last one is rather fugly

not bad for a beginner otherwise

Yes it is a scenebuild.
Next time I make a picture, I’ll try to make them comprehend-able.

I’ll have to look for some better models (the finger posing was literally broken.)
I’ll make sure to use a lot less bloom/blur then.

For blur/other effects, what do you guys recommend? How do the others make nice dark effects on their pictures? Do they use photoshop/gimp?
Specific names of the tools would be appreciated.

As far as scenebuild goes, it could maybe use some grass / dead trees

If it’s S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the environment should be more a reddish-brown to fit the theme too. (just a tint, not too heavy)

I know what you’re talking about, I’ve used stalker models before, the trick is to turn off restrict axis and work from there. You may be using different models, though.

I use photoshop, it provides some good lighting filters and really helps with color correction.

Are these the models you speak of?
I’ll prolly just download gimp to save money and get what I can out of it.

Eh not too bad, you know there are MI-24s you can find for use instead of the combine choppers…

My advice for avoiding the crappily rigged fingers is shoot from a certain angle so you can’t see them. It’s what I do.

“Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R!” , “Calling all S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs join Duty the future of the…”

Yes, S.T.A.L.K.E.R is just a title, it’s not how stalker is spelled.

Is this better?

His hand is nowhere near the grip on the gun. But otherwise, yes. Better.

There’s not a lot happening, though. Try some post-process stuff, like adding muzzle flashes. The right side of the picture is still kinda empty, with only 3 guys there and being pretty spread apart.