Sandbox build map

Here’s a little map I’m working on (well, it’s big but yeah.) I am looking for suggestions of what to add to it and what people would like to see in a build map for S&box :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks nice!

1 Like

Thanks, I still can’t get replies to work properly on here for some reason… Stupid forums lol, it’s nice but bugged for me it never shows up on the top right of my replies who I’m replying to :confused: But yeah if you have any suggestions I’d appreciate them :slight_smile:

1 Like

gm_flatgrass 2

1 Like

The idea is to use grass textures on the upper flat areas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sb_flatgrass

Remember to add a lake!

1 Like

Well the idea is to add sam’s water when the game comes out :slight_smile:

Also I plan on making this map quite large, currently the main map area is 765 faces, not including the bunkers :slight_smile: It’s a shame the grid doesn’t extend past the old hammer grid, Valve dropped the ball with that tbh. If Garry has the full code for hammer it’d be cool to see it extended to be infinite, or as big as it can be without precision issues with geometry…

2 Likes

I’m hoping Layla starts working on something similar to what he’s shown before.
The stuff he was making with the map creator was incredible, the fact that it was multiplayer as well was mindblowing.

1 Like

That would be cool, but it’s better to use hammer tbh, more flexibility and tbh I doubt that he’s gonna revisit the map editor, that was when the game was on ue4 and ue4 has no in-editor level creation tools so. It was possible they could’ve shipped the game with an editor, as epic supports that, the only thing you’re not allowed to do is link against editor code in your game, but shipping an editor wouldn’t have solved any problems so that’s why layla was working on the map editor. It’d be nice to see a mesh editor however, so we can make contraptions with custom models without having to import them :slight_smile:

1 Like

statue of larry

1 Like

thanks mark very cool

2 Likes

Updated texturing in the map :slight_smile:

If anyone wants to watch I’m streaming at http://twitch.tv/legend286uk

1 Like

updated the map, as usual you can watch me map here: www.twitch.tv/legend286uk

3 Likes

Love it

1 Like

Make sure to add some varied terrain and trials like gm_carcon. You don’t even need to go crazy with it, just some different terrains and inclines to ride vehicle on.

1 Like

Like this?

By the way I’m streaming all day intermittently as I work on the map some more :slight_smile:

twitch/legend286uk

3 Likes

Working on a new area :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Detailed the sticking out part of the new area :smiley:

1 Like

You need some stairs? I’m working on some custom props. I’m going a bit Sci Fi style tho (building a sci fi lab) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m already making stairs in some areas, with a normal source engine style staircase :slight_smile:

1 Like